Polish/wax question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish/wax question

Polish/wax question

Good Evening,

I have been reading posts on and off about polishing and waxing for months. I ended up purchasing a bottle of Liquid Glass, but after a late fall wash, I discovered the infamous light scratches and swirl marks. I decided against applying a coat of the LG and waiting to possibly polish/rub out those scratches.

I have seen folks mention some products such as 3M Perfect It, Honda Gloss, etc.

I guess the question is, do I need to polish the bike before applying the wax? Or can I just go ahead with the LG wax?

Please advise.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I use Turtle wax premium polishing compound professional grade. It gets out all the scratches and swirls from my Black paint. You can get it at Walmart. Now my question does Liquid Glass have to be baked on in the sun. I need to get the all the scratches out of my paint and then apply the Liquid Glass. Last year I did not do this due to remodeling my kitchen all summer. Now that it is early spring I would like to do this before it gets really hot outside.

The 3M Scratch remover is the product suggested by Honda. Yes I would try to reduce all the scratches before the LG ...and yes.... make sure bike is as clean as possible, apply LG...push into the sun, ( even on a cold day ) let sit for 30 minutes ....bring back inside and remove polish...Perfection !!!!

There is a rather large thread on the subject that covers everything about LG !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Steve. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The 3M Scratch remover is the product suggested by Honda. Yes I would try to reduce all the scratches before the LG ...and yes.... make sure bike is as clean as possible, apply LG...push into the sun, ( even on a cold day ) let sit for 30 minutes ....bring back inside and remove polish...Perfection !!!!

There is a rather large thread on the subject that covers everything about LG !!!
    Instructions say apply and let it haze over, wipe off, then bake in the sun. Ideal temperature should be 50 -80. I apply mine in the garage...once all polished I wheel it outside to bake for 2 to 3 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    Instructions say apply and let it haze over, wipe off, then bake in the sun. Ideal temperature should be 50 -80. I apply mine in the garage...once all polished I wheel it outside to bake for 2 to 3 hrs.

I have done it both ways... both work...the sun does have an effect ...It come easily either way!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I purchased a foam polishing ball that fits into my drill driver and use it with polishing compound for the swirls. Then apply liquid glass even on the wind shield. I can now wash bugs off with a wet rag after every ride. I ride a f6b trike and the bugs really accumulate on the front of the wide fenders.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I tried Liquid Glass nice shine but it still would show light scratches then I tried Wizard wax better shine and protection. I was happy with it but still small marks scratches would still show.
    I just order some Glare wax yesterday. I called Glare and talked to the head engineer and he told me to order the Winner package he said it would be a three step process and all your scratches will be gone and it will have the best shine ever.
    Check out the site watch the video if it works as good as advertised I will be happy.
    http://www.glare.com/quality

I called my dealer and talked to the parts guy. He didn't seem too interested in answering my questions, but did suggest using the Honda Gloss spray and polish products or something equivalent that has few abrasives to get the light scratches out prior to waxing. He also said that the Honda Gloss serves as a wax. I want to get the scratches out, but also protect the finish from UV rays while it sits and bakes in the parking lot at work.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I would avoid Polish Wax and buy American Wax instead! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.