Spacebags is it for sure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacebags is it for sure

Spacebags is it for sure

I just put a complete rain suit with knee high gators into a space bag and after the air was out it took up less than a 1/4 of the space it did when it was in its own plastic bag. This space bag is the one you just squeeze the air out of, me weighing in at 250 pounds just got most of it out by squeezing and then I sat on it in a chair, that was the finish touch . You don't need a vacuum to do the job. It came out nice and flat. Definitely the way to go if your packing for a good size jaunt around the country and want to reduce the volume of the clothes your taking....

That's a great idea seadog for saving space. But when you have to use it are you going to be able to replicate that at the hotel or on the road? Really good idea though. Thanks.

I don't see where you would have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    That's a great idea seadog for saving space. But when you have to use it are you going to be able to replicate that at the hotel or on the road? Really good idea though. Thanks.
    I am not a folding expert by any means, I just put them together as best I could and put them in the space bag. A bunch of squeezing later and then use your weight to compress it and your good to go. easy breezy japanesey

Less is more....I guess

Packing for a trip....
    From now on, when I'm trying to make something fit, I recall GA Teach went on the road from 20 May to 27 Jun with her two saddlebags. And her Full Face helmet occupying most of one of them.
    Makes me appear REALLY high maintenance.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I just put a complete rain suit with knee high gators into a space bag and after the air was out it took up less than a 1/4 of the space it did when it was in its own plastic bag. This space bag is the one you just squeeze the air out of, me weighing in at 250 pounds just got most of it out by squeezing and then I sat on it in a chair, that was the finish touch . You don't need a vacuum to do the job. It came out nice and flat. Definitely the way to go if your packing for a good size jaunt around the country and want to reduce the volume of the clothes your taking....
    link to the product?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Meijers here in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    link to the product?
    I sure most any big box store would carry them. These I bought from Meijers here in Cadillac, Michigan and they are just Zip Lock storage bags. You can get the ones that are for a vacuum or the one you just press on to get the air out.

I know where your at Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Packing for a trip....
    From now on, when I'm trying to make something fit, I recall GA Teach went on the road from 20 May to 27 Jun with her two saddlebags. And her Full Face helmet occupying most of one of them.
    Makes me appear REALLY high maintenance.....
    I for a short trip put that big Kuryakyn Ultra tour bag on the back of my bike and had it stuffed to the gill with everything I took with me. So I guess traveling lite is a problem for most of us. Side pods were packed also with rain gear, tools, small compressor, tire plugs, glove, extra water bottles. Could have used a nice trailer too.

Ever packed an Army duffel bag? I used to PCS in the early days, with everything I owned within two of them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I sure most any big box store would carry them. These I bought from Meijers here in Cadillac, Michigan and they are just Zip Lock storage bags. You can get the ones that are for a vacuum or the one you just press on to get the air out.
    Harbor Freight is your friend! They have the "vacuum stowage bags" available for a reasonable price

Currently on sale for $4.99 for 3ea.!

Attachment 22797

How do you do this (vacuum seal) on a trip when the rain is here and there? I had to put on / take off my rain gear 50 times on my last trip to Florida. I am done with it!!!

I just bought a Klim Overland jacket: $429.00 (worth every penny)
    Goretex / 840 Denier / full vents / D30 molecular armor / on & on / the best made ???

I have Klim Lattitude pants being delivered any day. $499.00 (worth every penny)
    Goretex / 840 Denier / full vents / D30 molecular armor / on & on / the best made ???

The Klim stuff is the most comfortable gear I have ever worn, flows a ton of air, 100% waterproof guaranteed for life.
    The warranty is guaranteed for life on the entire outfit.

No more carrying rain gear
    I will now have both saddlebags for storage
    The best protection available
    Lifetime guarantee
    the most comfort
    airflow
    (how much is all that worth)

I have become a gear geek and have been on a quest to get the right gear and have tried Dainese, Scorpion and others but the Klim is another level.
    I have 3 leather jackets / 2 mesh jackets & leather, full denier, and mesh pants.
    These all serve specific purposes but nothing does it all like the Klim.
    best protection safety
    rain, heat, and cold protection
    most comfort
    very good looks

I know it is very expensive but we are worth the money right?
    I figure I ride every day in the rain, heat, cold so it is worth the extra cost. Hell we buy everything we can for the bike why not treat ourselves.

I recommend the Klim gear as the best I have found / but I will change my mind when I find something better.

Steve