new seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new seats

new seats

I will be riding to Daytona next month. Three seat manufacturers are there to visit: Ultimate, Hartco and Corbin. I have researched the first two, but heli bars will be at the Corbin shop. Hence, will look at Corbin. Does anyone have experience with Corbin F6B seats. Note: I am looking at the King seat from Ultimate or custom fit from Hartco, as I am 6'5"

Good for you that is the way to do it. look at them all. I have used Ultimate on another bike and it is great. I went to the Ultimate store and they tried to tell me to sit on a GW as the F6B was the same and I don't think that is correct. The seating position with the King on the GW was worse than the F6B stock. Anyway it looked like the King really did not move me back much if any at all compared to the back of the slope of the stock seat which is where I sit. I'm 6'2" and have learned to like the stock seat but you at 3 inches more might need a custom built seat from Hartco or even a RDL. I would never consider a Corbin, just don't like the look. Really interested in what you find out if you will post your results later.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    I will be riding to Daytona next month. Three seat manufacturers are there to visit: Ultimate, Hartco and Corbin. I have researched the first two, but heli bars will be at the Corbin shop. Hence, will look at Corbin. Does anyone have experience with Corbin F6B seats. Note: I am looking at the King seat from Ultimate or custom fit from Hartco, as I am 6'5"
    Had a Hartco on my 2004 Gold Wing. It was custom made for me so I would have zero pressure on my tailbone area. It worked and was comfy. Now I'm on a Russell Day Long and need a bigger fuel tank. Never have to get off due to numb-butt from the stock seat. Before I bought my B last April, I did demo a used B that had a Corbin on it. I will say that it was nice and did have about 3,000 miles on the seat so it was somewhat broken it due to their very firm foam. It did put me back and down in the B but the police officer who had traded it in was a LARGE guy according to the dealer. I think Corbin will somewhat customize your seat but not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    I'm much shorter but went with the hartco. The seat is getting better with every mile and customer service is second to none. The only Corbin I sat on was like sitting on a rock. I had Ultimate seat on my vtx and was very happy with that. For taller riders it seems to be a consensus on here that rdl is the way to go. Talk to everyone and learn about how they build a seat to fit you so you can make an informed decision. Good luck!

I bought my "B" used w/ a Ultimate, It's a good seat. A couple hours before it starts to wear on me. As I type this Russell Day Long is building my butt it's own special personal seat. This will be my third, guess you could say I really like the RDL's, they're the best. I've also owned 2 Corbin's (1 new & 1 came on a bike) both were hard as a rock & made my butt, back & shoulders ache. Corbin is the worst M/C seat I've ever sat on. Don't know much about the others you mentioned. Dat's my 2 cents worth.

I always find it interesting when this topic comes up. For me I love the Corbin. The problem is everyone is different and it will cost you money until you find the seat that makes you happy.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

I guess it is all personal and subjective. I may have Relax the Back build me a recliner for the F6B...:LOL For sure I will visit with the three in Daytona. I haven't focused on RDL as they are on the west coast, and I have these three just up the road a bit. BTW, it is 80 degrees and sunny here today... Think I will go for a ride.
    I have an Ultimate on my Yammie Stratoliner. It is comfortable, but I am not in love with the look. Leaning toward hartco at this point, but will sit down with all 3. BTW, all of them are going to be over $1000 with backrests.
    0206181259a_HDR (2).jpg
    Last edited by JerryC; 02-11-2018 at 09:27 AM.

I found the Corbin to be comfortable, but hard. I bought a Midrider. Doesn't seat as comfortable, but it is softer. I can last longer in the Midrider than I could in the Corbin
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I didn't like the stock seat, I have a Mustang on my VTX so I went that route. Having a short inseam/long torso the drop back makes it fit perfectly, however I'm not impressed and several thousand miles later the seat is still hard as a rock. I'm leaning towards a RDL or a custom one from Rich's I believe who is local.

I have owned everything except a RDL. I am in love with the Hartco on my F6B. I could not have asked or better service. Good luck in your quest. F6Broy