Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    The dealer received the new-in-crate 2015 Matte Silver F6B today, and is servicing it right now. I'll be catching a ride in an hour or so to pick it up. Wooohoooo! I'm stoked!

Soooo, should I ride it like I stole it, or take it easy?
    I've had mine since November and took it easy for a while. It's hard to do! I never babied it though, just no red line stuff....even to date. I changed the oil at 2900 miles, and so far she purrs like a kitten at 70-75.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I've had mine since November and took it easy for a while. It's hard to do! I never babied it though, just no red line stuff....even to date. I changed the oil at 2900 miles, and so far she purrs like a kitten at 70-75.
    Your bike is the best color.
    I just got in from riding. It takes off like a raped ape, pulls like an ox in top gear, handles like a fat sport bike...I dig it!!!
    The windshield is sooooo wrong. The wind hits me around chin level, buffeting my head and pummeling my ear holes. I'd rather have no windshield at all and have clean air flow than the turbulence.
    I'd like to sit a bit lower and farther back.

And I'd like a couple weeks off so I can just ride.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Have you had any other servicing done?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I love this bike. I find excuses to ride it. Never had cruise control before, think it might be nice to have on my upcoming national tour on the bike but definitely wasn't a deal-breaker.
    Kury Ergo III pegs are a great addition...the riding position is good but my knees need that stretch now and then.
    Swap out the windshield unless you find a bike where someone has done it already. My bike came with a Klock Werks. I don't like wind hitting me directly in the neck and face. Some don't mind it.
    Got the bike. Dig the ride, except for the wind buffeting. Looking at the Klock Werks. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Have you had any other servicing done?
    The dealer did the brake recall before I picked it up. No other service to do for a while. It's ride all summer until the next oil change for me.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Your bike is the best color.
    I just got in from riding. It takes off like a raped ape, pulls like an ox in top gear, handles like a fat sport bike...I dig it!!!
    The windshield is sooooo wrong. The wind hits me around chin level, buffeting my head and pummeling my ear holes. I'd rather have no windshield at all and have clean air flow than the turbulence.
    I'd like to sit a bit lower and farther back.

And I'd like a couple weeks off so I can just ride.
    Okay - if you haven't yet, use the search window to figure out the "order" of mods...
    1. Seat
    2. Drop Pegs and whatever else may affect your posture
    3. Now the Windscreen

Since the windscreen is effectively useless, most people change that nearly immediately, then realize they want
    "...to sit a bit lower and farther back."
    So they get a different seat and then "shazam," that $300 new windshield is somehow wrong with the new seat.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay - if you haven't yet, use the search window to figure out the "order" of mods...
    1. Seat
    2. Drop Pegs and whatever else may affect your posture
    3. Now the Windscreen

Since the windscreen is effectively useless, most people change that nearly immediately, then realize they want So they get a different seat and then "shazam," that $300 new windshield is somehow wrong with the new seat.
    All right, got it. Seat before windshield. I'm eyeing the Mustang. My gf likes the stock passenger seat. Whatever I get will need to be at least as comfortable for her. I'm considering modifying the stock seat instead of purchasing a new one. Anyone modify by cutting down and back the foam?

What year models does the brake recall apply to?

I'm working 12 hr shifts today and tomorrow. Wish I were out riding. I wonder if there is a DFW meetup for GW riders...

All right, got it. Seat before windshield. I'm eyeing the Mustang. My gf likes the stock passenger seat. Whatever I get will need to be at least as comfortable for her. I'm considering modifying the stock seat instead of purchasing a new one. Anyone modify by cutting down and back the foam?

What year models does the brake recall apply to?

I'm working 12 hr shifts today and tomorrow. Wish I were out riding. I wonder if there is a DFW meetup for GW riders...
    Try Allen at Mean City Cycles in Tennessee ..They can modify your seat anyway you prefer and all reports are that they do excellent work and not as costly as an aftermarket seat.....Brake recall is for all model years as far as I know....

I found a deluxe Mustang seat at a local dealer and put it on in their parking lot. I like sitting more in the bike. Good addition. I put 75 miles on today just riding the back roads.
    Can't wait to add a better windshield so my ears will stop being pummeled. That's next.

I have a 19" baggershield with vent laying around doing nothing if you want it. $25 plus actual shipping cost. I replaced it with the Madstad, which I absolutely love. The Baggershield is ok, but to be honest the Madstad is it.

I added Mic O Pegs to mine. Spring loaded and retractable and they let me stretch out.

congrats on your bike. I absolutely love mine.