New Shoes

Thread: New Shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have 2 old Valkyries with a total of over 270,000 miles. After trying Dunlops, Bridgestones, and Metzelers, I settled on Avon 'Tyres'. I've installed dozens of the Avons, and every time the new tire felt much better than the one I just removed. I think tires deteriorate slowly and we hardly notice, until we replace them.

IMO the OEM Bridgestones are a very good tire. My only complaints are they seem skittish on tar strips, and they don't last too long. On my Valkyries I always get over 12,000 miles from a rear Avon, while the Bridgestone I tried only gave me 8,500. On my F6B I'm getting about 10,000 from a rear Bridgestone. When I wear my current tires out I'll be trying some Avons.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I have 2 old Valkyries with a total of over 270,000 miles. After trying Dunlops, Bridgestones, and Metzelers, I settled on Avon 'Tyres'. I've installed dozens of the Avons, and every time the new tire felt much better than the one I just removed. I think tires deteriorate slowly and we hardly notice, until we replace them.

IMO the OEM Bridgestones are a very good tire. My only complaints are they seem skittish on tar strips, and they don't last too long. On my Valkyries I always get over 12,000 miles from a rear Avon, while the Bridgestone I tried only gave me 8,500. On my F6B I'm getting about 10,000 from a rear Bridgestone. When I wear my current tires out I'll be trying some Avons.
    Agree all the way around. I've got 9100 miles on my new B now and just took a spare rim to have a rear Avon installed. The stock tires are sticky, but seem to wear quickly. Avons have always behaved superbly for me on the Valk, I imagine they will on the B too.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964