Is the tupperware really that soft? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the tupperware really that soft?

When I was the service manager at Harley-Davidson they sell a coating for $1,000. They charged me a hundred and put it on my F6B matte finish and I never had any issues. I researched the product it's made by Meguiars and it sells for I believe $47 for three coats. My new black matte 2020 matches and smears like crazy. I only have a hundred and some miles on it and it's horrible and I meticulously care about for the bike. So I just ordered some Dr Beasley's and I'm going to clean it and coat it with that and see if that'll help.

IMHO...The "B" stands for Bagger. I don't want to see rust and big huge cracks, but dings an scratches means I'm riding. Once in while I wash the bugs off the headlight covers so I can see at night.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

They actually make a bra for the F6B now. We no longer have to make the regular goldwing bra fit our F6B. I have one and it fits and works very well. The bra keeps the paint fresh on the front and the head lights are protected by the mesh made into the braw. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    They actually make a bra for the F6B now. We no longer have to make the regular goldwing bra fit our F6B. I have one and it fits and works very well. The bra keeps the paint fresh on the front and the head lights are protected by the mesh made into the braw. Looks great.
    Who is “they” if you don’t mind. Any pics? Would that be Cobra by chance?

My concern would be leaving it on. Past experience with automotive types says that the finish will be rubbed or beaten “raw” by the movement from wind turbulence.
    Last edited by seventwenty; 10-06-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Actually, Honda's 'nose mask' for the full Wing fits very well without modification. I did use some fat wire ties to attach it at the bottom. I've used 3 of the Honda bras, and they have a very soft felt liner that prevents scuffing of the paint. I doubt Honda still makes these for a discontinued bike, but some places may still have them for sale.

I was wrong about availability. Honda's bra is still in stock at several online sites.