Shock adjustment

Thread: Shock adjustment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ReserveBum - I believe that if K2157 wants the rear higher, he needs to go clockwise (stiffer). Since the knob is simply a preload adjustment, if he goes the other way, it'll lessen the preload on the bike and drop the rear further.

K2157 - I agree with you and willtill that the bike does touch down fairly easily due to the low stance. If you are not already doing so, one thing that can help is leaning your body further into the turn, which shifts the over center of gravity inward, allowing the bike to remain more upright in the turn, and tightening the corner. I'm not talking about a Moto GP style hanging off the inside of the bike dragging a knee, of course...but simply having your chin aligned with the mounting point of your inside mirror will dramatically tighten a curve on the old gal.

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    ReserveBum - I believe that if K2157 wants the rear higher, he needs to go clockwise (stiffer). Since the knob is simply a preload adjustment, if he goes the other way, it'll lessen the preload on the bike and drop the rear further.

K2157 - I agree with you and willtill that the bike does touch down fairly easily due to the low stance. If you are not already doing so, one thing that can help is leaning your body further into the turn, which shifts the over center of gravity inward, allowing the bike to remain more upright in the turn, and tightening the corner. I'm not talking about a Moto GP style hanging off the inside of the bike dragging a knee, of course...but simply having your chin aligned with the mounting point of your inside mirror will dramatically tighten a curve on the old gal.

Kind Regards
    +1.. that does help a lot and how ride. I also have drop foot peg mounts so my scoot has even more clearance issues.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/