Windows 10 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

7pro in my office is still working great. Went Mac on everything at my home office & love them smooth integration. I'll watch to see what you guys think about Windows 10.

Windows 10

Yes, I did it.
    Had reservations, but . . . .
    I like it so far.
    Getting acclimated and it's all good so far.
    Seems to be faster than 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Yes, I did it.
    Had reservations, but . . . .
    I like it so far.
    Getting acclimated and it's all good so far.
    Seems to be faster than 8.1.

Glad to hear that..... for the users who have not yet upgraded, be aware of the current scam, looks like someone is emailing a ransomware link, which will encrypt your files then force you to pay to get them unencrypted.
    Key thing to note here is that Microsoft will not email you about upgrading, especially with a file attachment.

Just upgraded from 7 to 10. It all went as expected except for one glitch with my audio driver. All it took was removing that driver and letting the system install a new one. I use File Hippo App Manager to spot needed program updates and my new OS is running very nicely. From my reading, the general consensus seems to be, if you like 7, you'll love 10 and that's certainly true for me. I did NOT go with the new Edge browser however and am sticking with Chrome for now. In a nutshell, I'm glad I updated .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Don't want it, don't need it, ain't going to use it, but I'm sure there are some that do and will.
    Bill Gates should have bought a Unix distro instead of DOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Just upgraded from 7 to 10. It all went as expected except for one glitch with my audio driver. All it took was removing that driver and letting the system install a new one. I use File Hippo App Manager to spot needed program updates and my new OS is running very nicely. From my reading, the general consensus seems to be, if you like 7, you'll love 10 and that's certainly true for me. I did NOT go with the new Edge browser however and am sticking with Chrome for now. In a nutshell, I'm glad I updated .
    Horn Man looks like we are taking one for the team !!

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Horn Man looks like we are taking one for the team !!
    We ain't skeered
    Ken (Hornblower)

Windows 10 update is bricking some computers

FAIL: Windows 10 bulk patch produces INFINITE CRASH LOOP

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08...pcs_kb3081424/

"...
    Microsoft’s first update to Windows 10 is bricking some users’ PCs.

The cumulative update is rebooting after getting part way through the installation process on x64-based systems without completing set up. The update is KB3081424.

The problem has been reported, here, on Microsoft's official forums. In the case of one user, the problem has felled a PC that’s joined to a domain.

User BrettDM wrote:

“Downloads, reboot to install. Gets to 30% and reboots. Gets yo [sic] 59% and reboots. Gets to 59% again and then states something went wrong so uninstalling the update. Wait a few minutes and reboot. Back to login screen This happens without fail, every single time.”

Domain-attached PCs running Windows 7 were, it emerged last week, being stuffed unwillingly with Windows 10 updates.

That was contrary to what Microsoft said would happen, here. The firm has so far failed to provide a credible explanation for what exactly has gone wrong.

Those suffering from the latest problem reported that the Windows 10 infinite crash loop was stopped by removing security identifiers for users that no longer existed in the Windows registry.

The fix, however, hasn’t worked for all.

It’s the second update glitch to hit Window 10: update KB3074681 came days before the big launch and crashed file explorer while there were also problems with Nvidia drivers. ®
    ..."

Cool Aye Mac!

Just bought myself an iMac, and love it. Couple of friends have upgraded to Windows 10 and are not happy with the changes. Each to their own I guess.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Upgraded my wife’s notebook from win 7 to 10 last weekend. I used her machine as a guinea pig. It looks a lot more like Win 7 than Win 8, which I is a good thing. Initial impression is it's much quicker especially Edge, the new browser.