Had a wash! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had a wash!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    OK, she's had her first wash and I can see some issues with the paint, I'll get round to sorting that out soon, but for now I'll just enjoy the ride.

Attachment 5424
    Meguiars Ultimate Compound as per instructions on the bottle followed by Meguiars Ultimate Paste Carnauba Wax. I like to apply 4 coats on mine when I do it. Takes me about 30 minutes per coat. Apply very lightly for best results. Did mine today as the weather was less than ideal for a ride with a cold north wind and rain today.
    Do this a couple of times a yer and our paint will look amazing.
    Perhaps I am fortunate but my paint is no worse than any other black bike ve ever owned. Can't speak for the red.

Beagle

Five coats of Liquid Glass on my ride. She looks good.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Five coats of Liquid Glass on my ride. She looks good.
    I've heard good things about the Liquid Glass. Stopped at every parts store I could find in Missoula and Kalispell on the weekend and couldn't find anyone who sells it.

Beagle

Hot Wheels should make a die cast of your trike!! It looks super mean!
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

L Q is half price on Ebay!

Paul…Bike looks great!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool Wax on, wax off..

Thanks Guys,

Really appreciate all the advice and tips, there is nothing like a beautiful shiny bike, and by the time I finish that's what she'll will be Beagle eBay is where I found my Liquid Glass, there are some good deals on at the moment, and I think on the Best Polish and Wax thread there are links to the kits and offers on at the moment.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

YUP

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    I've heard good things about the Liquid Glass. Stopped at every parts store I could find in Missoula and Kalispell on the weekend and couldn't find anyone who sells it.

Beagle

It is sold here in Phoenix Arizona at Auto Zone $34.99 for the can. I have not bought it yet as my paint does not seem as bad as others. I am using a Turtle wax and have no problems except some light scratches in what would be the gas tank area from my knees but hardly noticable. You can also get it on-line , just google Liquid Glass, it will come up.