Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 17
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You know I'm kinda a live and let live guy. I someone doesn't want a gun then that's OK with me. Just don't try to take mine. I reserve the right to exercise my constitutional rights. Even with all our problems this is still the greatest country on the planet. We may have lost a step , but we are still number one.
    Aye.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Had that been my wife's mini-van? He wouldn't be facing charges...he'd be being measured for a casket.
    Crazy Quebecois. Too much poutine.
    All bark and no bite.

A question for all; please answer honestly: if that woman pulled a gun and shot this fool dead... was it justified?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    A question for all; please answer honestly: if that woman pulled a gun and shot this fool dead... was it justified?
    If she pulled a handgun and shot the fool dead, she would be charged with murder and convicted. In Canada, a handgun is a restricted weapon. If she bashed the guy with a tire iron and killed him she'd walk. if she used a handgun, she'd get 20 years.
    I'm sure in the US if she used a handgun she'd also walk.
    Would she be justified? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    In Fla...basically all you need is fear and the ability... if ever accosted by someone, say out loud you are scaring me, you are scaring me...if the person pursues you after that statement and they end up dead, you 'll walk

To answer your question, if a crazy man came up to a vehicle with a women driving and her kids inside, flashing a chainsaw and sticking it inside the window, he would be DRT= Dead right there! Period and no jury in the USA would convict her of anything !

Now in Canada where it is apparently OK for this behavior, as there is a PoPo on every corner waiting for crime to happen the woman would have been cut into pieces and each child raped as well, the man would have been locked up for a couple of years until he got his sanity back...O Canada...

That should do it......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

For the last two decades or so , thru the extensive studies , more scientists and legal experts , trying to recognize neuroscience predisposition among people , who could kill other human bean without any mercy and regrets . They found , that many individuals ( and majority of them served as a soldiers ) were stimulated by hidden killing gene , responsible for inverted mind set , which allows them to act beyond control and commit ruthless crime(s) .

Humans , as a species , still carry hunting instinct , which thru the evolutionary process didn't rule out possibilities of taking someone's life - legally or not . This gene already is able to trigger and ignite decision of killing someone without recognition of incoming consequences . For them , principles of life in symbiosis with others do not play any major role . Behavior of many doesn't possess ability of self judgmental thinking , or don't recognize the differences between right and wrong . Interpretation of moral rules of life comes from many levels ; has also many roots , like : ethics , culture , how they were raised , who provided education , influences of environment , etc . Those , who are already violent and easily provoked , can use violence as a form of entertainment too. Sometimes they also looking for the depletion of an anger , which in many cases can't be controlled . Presently , the major causes of violent crime comes from poverty and usually individuals without any hope , or life improvement are the first , who consciously are grabbing THE GUNS , as a tool to allow them to achieve un-consience goal. The main reason of making it so easy are simplicity of reaching for these tools and this is the fundamental subject of our endless discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    For the last two decades or so , thru the extensive studies , more scientists and legal experts , trying to recognize neuroscience predisposition among people , who could kill other human bean without any mercy and regrets . They found , that many individuals ( and majority of them served as a soldiers ) were stimulated by hidden killing gene , responsible for inverted mind set , which allows them to act beyond control and commit ruthless crime(s) .

Humans , as a species , still carry hunting instinct , which thru the evolutionary process didn't rule out possibilities of taking someone's life - legally or not . This gene already is able to trigger and ignite decision of killing someone without recognition of incoming consequences . For them , principles of life in symbiosis with others do not play any major role . Behavior of many doesn't possess ability of self judgmental thinking , or don't recognize the differences between right and wrong . Interpretation of moral rules of life comes from many levels ; has also many roots , like : ethics , culture , how they were raised , who provided education , influences of environment , etc . Those , who are already violent and easily provoked , can use violence as a form of entertainment too. Sometimes they also looking for the depletion of an anger , which in many cases can't be controlled . Presently , the major causes of violent crime comes from poverty and usually individuals without any hope , or life improvement are the first , who consciously are grabbing THE GUNS , as a tool to allow them to achieve un-consience goal. The main reason of making it so easy are simplicity of reaching for these tools and this is the fundamental subject of our endless discussion.
    And this is why I take a small tablet every morning....to keep my blood pressure under control due to the stresses incurred by the conflict within me caused by my moral upbringing and respect for life going in direct opposition to my desire to kill some asshole that desperately needs it. In this case, the one who chopped off a puppy's hind foot and threw the pup into a canal in Los Angeles.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    And this is why I take a small tablet every morning....to keep my blood pressure under control due to the stresses incurred by the conflict within me caused by my moral upbringing and respect for life going in direct opposition to my desire to kill some asshole that desperately needs it. In this case, the one who chopped off a puppy's hind foot and threw the pup into a canal in Los Angeles.
    I carry- and it is NOT in order to exact Gods justice on people in this and other examples. No matter how heinous that's why we have police and courts My ONLY 2 reasons are for my own personal protection should MY life be threatened...or ditto my family- any other situation is none of my business...and I may not really understand that situation anyway. The other reason is that I can, it is a right (and a responsibility). As they say- use it or lose it.

Once you shoot someone, your life changes, I don't want to do that because some asshole cut me off, or I got in a fist fight with a bigger guy, or I misinterpreted a situation that didn't involve me at a mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post

Makes sense.
    Something's wrong in a violent person's genetics.
    Giving them a gun only mitigates their instability.
    Too bad prescreening can't filter the violent ones from the normal.

Looks like the Canadian chainsaw nut job has a few bent DNA molecules.
    I still say poutine is partly to blame.