New windshield arriving today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New windshield arriving today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    So, judging by your cracker jack research the Cee Bailey 11" is still 1" shorter than the Small (14) Clear View, no?

The top of the Baggershield is right in my eye-line and won't work. On the KW Flare (14) I'm looking right thru the flare thus I'm riding thru the fun house. It's fun sitting still, not so much at speed.

My head is spinning and my wallet is developing a binge spending disorder!
    Cracker jack research? Not sure if you're "slammin" me but this is what I found.
    Cee Baileys and Clearview use different ways to measure their shields. I think the Clearview method is more accurate. So, using that method the 11" Cee Baileys is actually 13". This makes the small Clearview 1" higher at it's lowest setting. You can use the adjustment slots to gain another 3/4". The recurve at the top is supposed to add another 2" to the lift of the airflow.
    I'm 5'8" and can easily see over the top of both of them.

Hey, six2go -

I haven't started a windshield collection yet, and hope to avoid it.
    I don't mind the stock shield too much (have been wearing full face for many years, and never had a windshield), but am considering trying a taller shield on the F6B.
    I'm 5'8", so I'm looking forward to your post-ride feedback on the Clearview.
    It might give me a shot at being able to buy just one taller-than-stock shield, and be satisfied with it.
    Maybe.

- Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by richw56 View Post
    Hey, six2go -

I haven't started a windshield collection yet, and hope to avoid it.
    I don't mind the stock shield too much (have been wearing full face for many years, and never had a windshield), but am considering trying a taller shield on the F6B.
    I'm 5'8", so I'm looking forward to your post-ride feedback on the Clearview.
    It might give me a shot at being able to buy just one taller-than-stock shield, and be satisfied with it.
    Maybe.

- Rich W.
    I got to ride about 150 miles with the new Clearview today. It did everything I had hoped for. Compared to the Cee Bailey(which is excellent in its own right)it gives more protection because it is wider towards the top, plus it's 1" taller and the recurve deflects the airflow higher yet. I can also hear the radio at a lower volume than before. I think I am going to be able to ride with my open face helmet and sunglasses if I want to because when I got home I had a million bugs on the new windshield but none on the face shield of my modular helmet.
    This is a comparison of a Clear View "small sport" with no vent, mounted in its lowest position against a Cee Baileys 11". Both are dark tint and look good on the black F6. I will be keeping the CB just in case the CV would get damaged. I would still have a very serviceable windshield.
    I hope this helps anyone with a decision to make on windshields. For the record, I'm about 5'8" and broad shouldered. I don't think anyone of similar height could go wrong with either of these. I just like the CV better(for me).
    If you need to see pics of these, just go to their websites. I am the last person in the world without a digital camera so I can't post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Cracker jack research? Not sure if you're "slammin" me but this is what I found.
    Cee Baileys and Clearview use different ways to measure their shields. I think the Clearview method is more accurate. So, using that method the 11" Cee Baileys is actually 13". This makes the small Clearview 1" higher at it's lowest setting. You can use the adjustment slots to gain another 3/4". The recurve at the top is supposed to add another 2" to the lift of the airflow.
    I'm 5'8" and can easily see over the top of both of them.
    Apologize six! I can see how you would take it that way. Not my intention at all!

Thanks for the help! I'm calling Clear View today.
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

My KW arrives today too

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    My KW arrives today too
    I got to ride a bike with a KW shield last week and I have to say I was impressed, BUT, it was modified to sit one inch taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    My KW arrives today too

Wahooo! Gotta see pics when ya get it on! I'm jealous!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    Apologize six! I can see how you would take it that way. Not my intention at all!

Thanks for the help! I'm calling Clear View today.
    No apology needed SmallPasture, I just wasn't familiar with that terminology. Must be a Texas "thang",eh?

I ordered a Clearview short sport recurve with light grey tint on 6/9. It arrived 7/9 and I mounted it immediately. I've been riding since the mid 1960's and of the 50+ bikes I've owned exactly zero have had anything that could be construed as a windshield. The closest would be my BMW R90S and the Hyabusas I've owned. Then along came the F6B. The stock shield seemed perfectly adequate but the vent in the top of my full face helmet was inhaling large amounts of bug smutz which was getting inside the helmet and into my hair which is not good when stopping for coffee in public. The Cleaview shield is reasonably priced so I decided to give it a shot. It is hard for me to over emphasize what an improvement the Clearview provides. The wind noise is reduced by an estimated 80% and the turbulence by an equal amount even in cross winds. I'm 5' 10" with a 30" inseam but I sit low in the saddle (slouch). With the short shield in the full down position I'm looking through the top 2.5" of the shield which works fine and I find is not distracting. The shield measures an exact 14" as measured per instructions on the Clearview web site. I would recommend this as a well made reasonably priced shield that functions as advertised. p.s. The shield was very well packed and even though UPS did their best to destroy the box the shield inside was in perfect condition.

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    I've been riding since the mid 1960's and of the 50+ bikes I've owned exactly zero have had anything that could be construed as a windshield. I'm 5' 10" with a 30" inseam but I sit low in the saddle (slouch). With the short shield in the full down position I'm looking through the top 2.5" of the shield which works fine and I find is not distracting.
    I would have thought after 50+ years of riding without a windshield, looking thru one would drive you crazy. Very interesting.

Glad ya like it Gray....Bug juice in the hair sucks!