Spacely Sprockets - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spacely Sprockets

Angaston, Barossa Valley, South Australia.
    I am with BIGLRY. I am appreciating the quieter sounds of the stock pipes. I had a fairly loud Mean Streak prior and while I enjoyed the sound, I am enjoy the quiet too. DOn't rush to change it until you have ridden it. By that I mean long distances as well as short day rides. Give it time.
    Remember. STAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though.

But I really would like to get rid of the George Jetson burbling sound. Mind you, I don't particularly need volume or macho rumble -- just no burbling and of course, no drone. Has anyone come up with anything? Mod or product -- either one.
    Hurry! It's not too late to get that Indian!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I really like the high pitched whine from the engine/transmission. It's likely the gears in the trans and the whirring of the cam drive that make it almost sound like turbo whistle.
    I thought that too. It would be cool if it had a little bit more wheeze to totally sound like a turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    God, if you could only read with comprehension, you might actually be able to come up with something funny.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post

I'll take proven RELIABILITY , LONGEVITY and PERFORMANCE any day over worrying about the sound.

300,000 - 500,000 miles of smiles out weigh any sound concern for me. BUY the F6B …. you will not regret it.

Let's ride

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Ride the stock exhaust for a while; I think you'll appreciate its' subtleness. It's not exactly stone quiet.

I saw a video disassembly of the Vance & Hines exhaust... it was mind numbingly complex and restrictive.

Guys, listen to this video of the Monster Ovals: http://youtu.be/kpjv2e-KyNI

It makes me realize I'm not talking about exhaust sound -- at least not mostly. It's that high pitched whine that is very prominent on my iPad. What the h*ll is that anyway? I'm guessing it's something I'll just have to get used to, huh?

Lry, I wasn't looking for louder. I don't even want to transition from the stock pipes look -- at least not for now. It's that really high pitched thing. Almost sounds like the birds I'm hearing sitting here in the backyard.
    the video is deceiving,to be honest you barley notice they are there,good little rumble when you accelerate but at cruise nothing,my wife complained because it wakes the dogs when i come home and they wake her up(i work nights)

God, if you could only read with comprehension, you might actually be able to come up with something funny.
    What is it exactly you don't think I comprehend? Because I think myself and others have a pretty good idea about who you are already....

Have fun with that F6B sidecar!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

The noise is primary gear whine.

I Like the stock pipes, they have a nice burble, like a barrel of Codfish, signing to themselves. Of course it could also be the tinnitus talking, because my hearing has been all but destroyed by the performance exhaust I used to run on the Harley.
    ss^,
    Ken