Drink Holder Cubby - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drink Holder Cubby

I've got one and agree about the size of it. It suits foam take away cups OK, but then you have to deal with dodgy lids coming off as well as the angle of it. It would be much better it it fitted standard aluminium coffee mugs. I guess the idea is to stop and enjoy your coffee while having a rest and using the holder for a small water bottle.

I have one on my Goldwing and have a stainless steel 16 oz Bubba Cup that fits in it pretty well, does not go to the bottom but is firmly in there when you push it down till it stops.
    It has a sealing cover with a flap that seals and locks back when you open it, so no spills , I use it for coffe in the AM and then switchout to a smallish bottle of water later, just un screw the lid with your left hand before you take it out, plam the lid and pick up the bottle works fine.

I do not keep anything in the pockets on either side and have thought about packing them with ice or maybe a fozen blue ice thingy to keep the water cool on hot FL days.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

I have several insulated cups I use almost every morning I ride and they all fit. They hold 12oz of coffee as well. I have a Kury one, a Starbucks one, a couple from trade shows they all fit. They won't go to the bottom but they go 70% of the way in and hold just fine. Unless it's giant it should fit.
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

[QUOTE=Bunny;87271]
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

i am having a hard time finding an insulated coffee cup to fit in t. they should have made it a bit bigger - the water bottle fits great but any suggestions on where i can find a good insulated coffee cup for it.

Bunny from winnipeg
    These fit very well. They are much narrower than regular mugs.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221354959565?_...d=520228145503
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Attachment 15160

As far as carrying drinks in the cup holder its touch and go because of the angle of the cup. I have splashed coffee on the bike even with a cover on the drink.
    Try the Contigo mugs. Best one-handed-thermal-leak-free mugs I have ever used.

Contigo Travel Mugs

Attachment 15170

The center cubby is valuable space for me, cell phone, wallet, keys, etc.
    So, .......this seems to be a great place for a cup holder in my case.
    Came with a few different pieces of foam in different thicknesses, so my coffee cup fits perfect.

Attachment 15245

I've also gone with the Contigo Travel Mug for my Drink Holder Cubby. I do lose convenient space for my phone, wallet etc but I was getting into a bad habit of leaving those items on the bike when I shouldn't be and the original Cubby isn't exactly burglar proof. Now when I ride I take a trimmed down wallet with just the necessities which I don't even notice in my jacket, same for the phone. Peace of mind to have both on me and I've got a hot brew (4 hours if you believe the sales blurb).

Of course I do risk losing the Contigo if I don't throw it into a side case, but $30 as opposed to a $800 phone (and wallet) is a no brainer. The space is also great for convenient water as it fits a 600ml shop bottle perfectly.

12 oz DaSani

That is the only size water bottle I have tried in the cubby and it fits pretty well and doesn't stick up too far, but all are right about the angle, there is no way to put it in there without the cap on it as it would spill all over the bike. No go on the coffee cup which is to fat and the handle is too far down on the cup and won't let it go any deeper if it could.

Camel Back

Stroguy is correct

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Bend the aluminum arm locking bar a touch at a time and you will find a point where it fits tighter.
    You bend the locking tab on the lid just a little toward the left side of the bike and the lid closes a lot tighter than when you first put it on. Mine was pretty loose when installed but after bending the tab a bit toward the left it is perfectly fine now.