New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Otherwise we open a very large can of worms about ALL the accessories we have all added onto these bikes.

Just buy a windshield.......and RIDE !
    I checked out the website for wingstuff, what was I thinking?! This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

a sweet ride

i first saw a F6B in colorado during my summer road trip (june 2013), it intrigued me.
    since my riding buddy owns a 2010 goldwing, he couldn't understand why i rode a harley (2008 ultra-classic),
    but he for the most part, kept quiet on the subject.

well, while on the road that trip, i had to stop for my obligatory service stop (rear header nuts vibrated off), so no biggie.
    when i got home, stopped to get oil and a filter, and this is what planted the "seed"....
    i changed the oil before the trip, and was back 30 days later for the post-trip change, low and BEHOLD,
    a buck more per quart for the oil, 2 bucks more for the filter (in 30 days!), just pissed me off,

so, i start thinking' a test ride won't hurt, LOL

end of the story, i rode it, THAT sold me, it's quite a machine.
    the more you throttle into curves, the more the f6b grabs the pavement, it's AMAZING...
    AND, i don't have to fix it before i can RIDE it.

be careful though, two issues that can get you a ticket,
    1.it doesn't SHAKE, so you can't FEEL how fast you're going
    2.it's QUIET, so you don't HEAR how fast you're going
    both are things i LOVE about it, since i rather enjoy a smidgen of speed now and then

ok, no more about the previous bikes,,, LOL

i think one of the previous posts says you'll spend about $1,000 on accessories is spot-on

good luck
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    i first saw a F6B in colorado during my summer road trip (june 2013), it intrigued me.
    since my riding buddy owns a 2010 goldwing, he couldn't understand why i rode a harley (2008 ultra-classic),
    but he for the most part, kept quiet on the subject.

well, while on the road that trip, i had to stop for my obligatory service stop (rear header nuts vibrated off), so no biggie.
    when i got home, stopped to get oil and a filter, and this is what planted the "seed"....
    i changed the oil before the trip, and was back 30 days later for the post-trip change, low and BEHOLD,
    a buck more per quart for the oil, 2 bucks more for the filter (in 30 days!), just pissed me off,

so, i start thinking' a test ride won't hurt, LOL

end of the story, i rode it, THAT sold me, it's quite a machine.
    the more you throttle into curves, the more the f6b grabs the pavement, it's AMAZING...
    AND, i don't have to fix it before i can RIDE it.

be careful though, two issues that can get you a ticket,
    1.it doesn't SHAKE, so you can't FEEL how fast you're going
    2.it's QUIET, so you don't HEAR how fast you're going
    both are things i LOVE about it, since i rather enjoy a smidgen of speed now and then

ok, no more about the previous bikes,,, LOL

i think one of the previous posts says you'll spend about $1,000 on accessories is spot-on

good luck
    Thanks for the post. I will be talking with the dealer this evening.

windshields

i have 2 different windshields, both from slipstream (rice lake WI)
    a smoke color that is 11" to 12.5" measured from the rubber fairing strip, for riding locally
    and a clear that is 17.5" to 19" (guessing on this one, it's not on the bike right now) measured from the rubber fairing strip, for road trips (them bugs HURT at 75 mph)

i do not have the stock windshield (it may "look" good, but serves no other purpose), i weaseled the 11" one from the dealer, it was on a demo-bike
    free is free, i have no shame asking for free shit
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Hi all new to forum I am not much of a poster as seen by avatar.

My current ride is a 2008 vtx 1800neo that I bought new love it

But I am considering selling it I have my eye drawn to this F6B WOW.

I only sat on one its crummy weather here to test drive but that will

be my make it or break it decision. I only sat on one since I was looking

at its predecessor since in NEPA our riding is limited. and would like more

wind protection. And I would like to step up to towing a Trailer, And hitch

would have to be fabbed up for Neo.

Well just wanted to say HI, and hopefully a 2014 f6b is in the cards for me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Hey Naga!

Former VTX1800 C rider here. Night and day difference in wind protection, and 98% of us 6 owners opt for a taller shield.

The Wings are 'seamless' compared to V-twins. Welcome to the forum!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

3,700+ miles (without going on an overnight road trip) in six weeks.

DaBigGreyDawg, I bought mine after realizing that size doesn't matter--but the comfort and reliability does.

NOTHING beats a Honda GW line for lack of problems.

And the solid feeling is impossible to describe--you have to feel it under you to appreciate it. If it were possible, I'd say to fly to some warm, dry place and test ride one. And then ride it back home.

I've had V-twins, and this bike is nothing like those.

What I've "lost":
    Engine heat (a biggie in So.Cal. during eight months of the year)
    The "aura" of Harley culture
    The stress about "what's gonna break/wear out/quit next?"

What I've gained:
    Get on and ride. Just like a car, start her up and GO.
    More road miles with less worry (see subject line)
    LOTS of fun things to add (currently working into my second $1,000 of add-ons and that's nothing like what I did with my HD)
    Did I mention no worries about maintenance?
    Awesome speed and power. Like a hugely muscular big cat beneath me, she takes the corners low and slices through the curves. I know I have the throttle, but some times she is a huge beast with an awesome ability to take me through.

Yes, everyone here who posts is enamored of their choice of this bike. Read between the lines for the facts, and you'll see that the negatives are minimal, and do NOT affect the outcome once you swing your leg over the saddle.
    (And Sparky, Daytona has no appeal for me, at least not until the amount of skin exposed, and beer-selling men in skin-tight chaps equates to the women there! You boys go and have a good time.)
    "If it moves, paint it."

I realize that some potential owners, and some current owners, are "hung-up" so to speak, on paint quality issues..If one follows the direction of many on this issue and wait for the paint to cure a little and then apply a few coats of liquid glass or other products that Honda and others have recommended I think they would be basically okay with it...I had read of some paint problems on this site before I bought my F6B, but after 2 test rides I wanted no other bike at this time and bought it anyway as it is such a great ride in all things important to me...Granted I did custom paint it later, but that is because I, and my wife, did not like the colors offered at the time...I have no plans to go back to a V-twin as at my ripe old age of 74 this bike is what I need and like....Ride safe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Awesome speed and power. Like a hugely muscular big cat beneath me, she takes the corners low and slices through the curves. I know I have the throttle, but some times she is a huge beast with an awesome ability to take me through.

Daytona has no appeal for me, at least not until the amount of skin exposed, and beer-selling men in skin-tight chaps equates to the women there! You boys go and have a good time.)
    Elin--Love your description of the F6B experience . Obviously, you do get it! As far as Daytona, no doubt there is an abundance of "lewdness" there but it doesn't have to be all about that. It's a great opportunity to see and ride with friends, to check out the latest in bikes and accessories, to speak to vendors, to watch pro racing, to eat at good restaurants, just to name a few positives. Over the years, I have learned where NOT to go in Daytona .

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Elin--Love your description of the F6B experience . Obviously, you do get it! As far as Daytona, no doubt there is an abundance of "lewdness" there but it doesn't have to be all about that. It's a great opportunity to see and ride with friends, to check out the latest in bikes and accessories, to speak to vendors, to watch pro racing, to eat at good restaurants, just to name a few positives. Over the years, I have learned where NOT to go in Daytona .
    You do not have to go to the ZOO in Daytona. There is a bunch of "The Land of the Outstretched Palm" to ride in and see.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.