F6B with Hannigan Classic Sidecar - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B with Hannigan Classic Sidecar

It looks nice. It's like towing a trailer, but you can keep an eye on it .

Don't try lane splitting with that setup!
    Albuquerque, NM

Enjoy the new Rig. You now have bragging rights with the largest right side saddle bag.
    I have an older Wing with a California Sidecar and they are (IMHO) more fun and useful than a Trike.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Riding in a sidecar will scare the hell out of you !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    WELL, the good news is you don't have to!
    Don't get me wrong. I like it. But the terror of being that low near the ground; with oncoming traffic. And you're like...

...well; sort of a sitting duck.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sidecars

I would have to say you ARE a sitting duck. But I gotta give credit to a nice setup. Looks good!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I would have to say you ARE a sitting duck. But I gotta give credit to a nice setup. Looks good!
    Thanks all. Really appreciate the comments. After Claude and Dave installed it I rode in it to the practice course. Took several Pa. corners at 55 to 60 mph. It was an experience!! Dave really showed me what the rig is capable of in the hands of an experienced rider.Got a ways to go to get anywhere near there. Fortunately it's an acquired skill! One of the biggest challenges as you point out is remembering that it's there! Foodog still holds the record with the f6 and a sidecar. They all know him and he has a reputation as a highly skilled rider with an F6 and a rig! Will keep u posted on how it's going!

Very nice looking sidecar setup...

really like the looks of your new Hannigan sidecar and it really goes great with the black F6

My plans to go to a third wheel are about a year away.....reasons are very similar to yours, lots off gravel backroads in the Pacificnorthwest...I have two 9 inch rods in my lower back, which bother me most when mounting and dismounting on 2 wheels...plus I am over 65, have a 28 inch inseam and carry around 30 more pounds than I should I can do something about the pounds, but the others call for a third wheel...sooner than later...

I have just about decided to install the new Hannigan HRT front end reverse trike kit. It was just introduced by Hannigan in Sept of 2015 and isn't even on their website yet....but,I have emailed Jon-Micheal Hill for specs, info, prices, etc in the last month..

With the reverse trike kit install, I can keep the reliability of the Honda F6B, retain everything but the front forks and wheel, and have a setup that will handle better than a basic rear end trike...

I would really be interested in your upcoming experience with your new sidecar setup...hope you can continue to post how your new riding experience goes....it would be interesting to me and others I'm sure...Thanks

Have fun with your new setup......Shaker

Sidecars

Shaker please keep us updated on your future setup. Thanks!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

I have had a few hacked rigs in my day and enjoyed them all. My 1st was a 1955 Harley Hydra Glide, 2nd BMW / 2 with Jawa, 3rd Kaw Drifter with Velorex, 4th 2012 Ural-T and still have it. I think the Hannigans are one of the best and when the time comes, that is where I would look first. Just think how cool your rig would look pulling my Corvette Trailer that I just happen to have for sale! cueman

more Hannigan reverse trike info

Hey Chas.....if you are interested in photos and more info on this new Hannigan HRT reverse trike...

I first saw it on triketalk.com under the Industry and Sponsors news forum....it was first shown at the 2015 Wing Ding in Huntsville, Alabama and, at this time, Hannigan is only producing the kit for Honda GL1800, but is looking at modifying it for the F6B (how different could it be ?).

Hannigan said they have not yet trained their installer nationwide, because the kit is so new, and if someone wants this winter...only install would be at HQ in Murray, KY.....my hope is that by this time next winter...they will have a HRT kit for the F6B and installers will be trained ready to install one for me in Salt Lake City, Utah at Crossroads Trikes (closest Hannigan dealer/installer)

At release time this Sept 2015 basic pricing was very reasonable for a GL1800....$ 8395 for base kit one color Honda matched paint $ 795...(2 colors - 1195 )...and the install labor, including tear down and prep work - $ 1695.....Base price includes 17" chrome front wheels ( black out wheels + 400).....About $ 11,000 with one color paint and no options....not bad

Options can include chrome front bumper (350).. sub-framed foot fairings, with one color paint and installed for $ 1,770 plus wheel options

I will get more specs soon and relay them to you....Shaker

Looks good! Now you need the chrome wheels on your F6!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson