No love for the stock mini shield. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No love for the stock mini shield.

Anyone else like the small shield? I'm trying to generate some new appreciation for it.

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    Anyone else like the small shield? I'm trying to generate some new appreciation for it.
    You're on your own ... LOL .. enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    1951vbs likes the OEM shield.
    Yes I do!

I also know everyone has their own criteria for what works best factoring in wind/rain/cold protection, buffeting, heat build-up, audio and looks. What's best for you depends on what climate you ride in, gear choice (full-face or not), audio (ear buds/helmet speakers or not), past experience and looks.

I bought my F6B for several reasons but very high on the list was LOOKS! IMO the taller the wind-shield the more it looks like a Goldwing without a trunk. My past experience with short or "sport" wind screens has been very good concerning buffeting and the stock F6B screen gives me no buffet. Short screens do however put your helmet in the full wind stream and there is enough wind noise that you can not hear the radio well at speed. Again IMO you will not be happy with the stock screen unless you wear; a full-face helmet with ear plugs or ear buds. Even though I ride and commute year round rain and cold protection are not a factor for me with my full face helmet. Full face helmets are hot in the summer so the full breeze is welcome in those conditions.

As this thread shows I am not the only one that likes the short screen but definitely in the minority. No problem for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gwprime View Post
    Do you get wind buffeting with the short wind screen? I have not picked up my bike yet, I have been look at wind shields as I also wear a full face when riding
    I did not get any wind buffeting with the shorty shield.I am 6' 2" and wear a full face helmet
    Ride it like you stole it

I like the shorty shield right where it is. On a shelf in my garage.

It was 36 on my ride in this morning though. My bagger shield is fine for now.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    LOL! Judging by the shield in your avatar, you are not 'leading by example'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    LOL! Judging by the shield in your avatar, you are not 'leading by example'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob View Post
    See OP.
    Planning a ride around the Smokies? Need a place to stay? Check out our cabin rental at www.angelsrestvacation.com.

Did not care for the stock shield at all. Baggershield 17" and now I can hear the radio up to 70 mph. I do like the look so it might go back on come summer time, but thats a long shot. Wind hits me hard from the upper chest on up.

I have no love for the stock windshield rode home with mine replaced the next day.
    I wanted them to give my money back what a waste of plastic!
    Ok he's done