Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Not sure what your saying as I don't really understand ohms but I do know that they sound a hell of a lot better than stock.
    The lower the Ohm rating in the speakers, the more power they source from the amp. This results in more volume if the amp is capable/stable for the increased demand on it. If the amp is not stable at that load, it is not good for the amp.

A "perfect" amp will double its power output as the resistance halves until it hits its stability limits. (Example: 350wpc/8 Ohms, 700wpc/4 Ohms, 1,400 watts/2 Ohms).

Attachment 19467

Attachment 19468

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The lower the Ohm rating in the speakers, the more power they source from the amp. This results in more volume if the amp is capable/stable for the increased demand on it. If the amp is not stable at that load, it is not good for the amp.

A "perfect" amp will double its power output as the resistance halves until it hits its stability limits. (Example: 350wpc/8 Ohms, 700wpc/4 Ohms, 1,400 watts/2 Ohms).

Attachment 19467

Attachment 19468
    That's a hell of a visual

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

What part of the speaker needs to be bent, I don't want to cut on the speaker.

9: and 3 ocklock approximately.
    Look closely at my pictures on the first page of this thread.

There is the instrument glass and metal supports on the outside.

I bent the baskets with a rubber mallet and did no trimming.
    Start the top in first, add sctews, then take a flat screw driver and hammer and tap the bottom of the speaker in flush.

Keep the holes lined up as you do this.
    The bottom of the speaker has to be flush for the shelter to snap back on correctly.

Some are cutting the basket. Go back a few pages in this thread to see what has been cut. Don't cut into the rubber.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    9: and 3 ocklock approximately.
    Look closely at my pictures on the first page of this thread.

There is the instrument glass and metal supports on the outside.

Some are cutting the basket. Go back a few pages in this thread to see what has been cut. Don't cut into the rubber.

J
    As Dirtstiff mentions, the areas that need to be relieved are approx. 9 & 3 O'clock but as you see in my post #97, it's slightly higher than that. To each his own but I felt cutting was easier than bending. Others may disagree. Not wanting to force fit against the plastic, I found it necessary to remove quite a bit of material so again, bending probably wasn't going to be adequate for me. Also, if you ever want to remove your meter panel, you will probably realize it will also mean unbolting the speakers. Even with the cuts, the fit is that close.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Here we go again!!!!

Yet one more item that I've ordered after surfing around on this forum. .

Quote Originally Posted by waynerock66 View Post
    Yet one more item that I've ordered after surfing around on this forum. .
    Yup. I fell victim to the LED headlamps/fog lamps/turn signals/tail lights......
    (Cha-Ching$$$)
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

So which speakers sound better...the JBL's or the new version of the J&M's? I read this entire thread and I don't know if the comparisons made are referring to the old J&M's or the new J&M's??

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    So which speakers sound better...the JBL's or the new version of the J&M's? I read this entire thread and I don't know if the comparisons made are referring to the old J&M's or the new J&M's??
    Although I have yet to install either of my (2) new sets of speakers, I do believe the consensus is that the new JBL's, sound better than the new 2016 series J&M's , which sound better than the 2015 J&M's, which sounded better than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Although I have yet to install either of my (2) new sets of speakers, I do believe the consensus is that the new JBL's, sound better than the new 2016 series J&M's , which sound better than the 2015 J&M's, which sounded better than stock.
    Not looking for guesses...is there anyone that has actually heard both the JBL's and the NEW version of the J&M's on a F6B? If the sound quality is the same between the two, I would rather pay the extra $75 and get the J&M's and not have to worry about fitment, water or whether or not they will fry your amp.