F6B Problem...??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Problem...???

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    6th? What you talking about Willis?
    Fla-Rider,
    I see you haven't found that phantom 6th gear either. I sure have tried many times. I can't tell you how many times I have tried shifting from 5th thinking there was another gear. As I mentioned in another thread on this forum about a gear indicator for the "B", if I had a dollar for every time I have shifted from 5th gear thinking there was another I could have treated everyone on here to lunch! Have to get me one of them gear indicators this winter.

5th has an indicator. I consider 1st and 2nd as having one as well. 1 down from green and 1 up from green. Then 3rd and 4th are just nuisance gears to get to 75.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    Not convinced I'll trade my beloved Vic XC for for a F6B just yet but I love this forum. You guys are a hoot!
    I loved both my Vic's, but no comparison to the F6B in my opinion....The difference is smoother, faster, less wind/road noise, great handling and better reliability in the long run....But, both are great bikes....Ride safe...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I loved both my Vic's, but no comparison to the F6B in my opinion....The difference is smoother, faster, less wind/road noise, great handling and better reliability in the long run....But, both are great bikes....Ride safe...
    The Vision has MUCH BETTER leg room... but I am adapting to the F6B's different rider posture; especially with the foot placement. Thank goodness highway pegs are realizable for it.

When I first started riding my new F6B; I kept raising my feet upon takeoff; and hitting them against the valve covers; unconsciously trying to look for floorboards like on my previous two bikes...

I have some Kuryakyn #4321 Kinetic black pegs inbound via FedEx tomorrow; will be removing my new mini-floorboards; and installing the #4321's on the drop down mounts. Taking a recommendation from a few others here; about how much better the foot position is with those...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Mine shifts very smooth and is very quiet compared to most other bikes on the road...Might be that you have to get used to shift/clutch timing...As soon as my clutch hits the bar I shift and start roling the throttle while letting off the clutch.. very smooth and quiet...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The Vision has MUCH BETTER leg room... but I am adapting to the F6B's different rider posture; especially with the foot placement. Thank goodness highway pegs are realizable for it.

When I first started riding my new F6B; I kept raising my feet upon takeoff; and hitting them against the valve covers; unconsciously trying to look for floorboards like on my previous two bikes...

I have some Kuryakyn #4321 Kinetic black pegs inbound via FedEx tomorrow; will be removing my new mini-floorboards; and installing the #4321's on the drop down mounts. Taking a recommendation from a few others here; about how much better the foot position is with those...
    I agree my friend, the Vision Tour I had was,without question, perhaps the most comfortable touring bike I have ever owned. Great on the super-slab and terrific leg room as you said..I am only 5'9" with a short inseam so the riding position on the 6 is fine with me...I have a Mustang seat and all works well...If I were going back to longer touring rides I would get another Vision without question....Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I agree my friend, the Vision Tour I had was,without question, perhaps the most comfortable touring bike I have ever owned. Great on the super-slab and terrific leg room as you said..I am only 5'9" with a short inseam so the riding position on the 6 is fine with me...I have a Mustang seat and all works well...If I were going back to longer touring rides I would get another Vision without question....Regards...
    I do wish that they were built better. Because I would of kept it.. if it was.

I had to go back to Japanese; for reliability. At least these F6B's were made in the states, by Americans. Maybe one day; American motorcycle manufacturers can draw on the quality of these Japanese motorcycle designs. And produce a rival product.

In a general sense; the Asia Pacific manufacturers have been reverse engineering our American technology and designs. Why can't we "reverse engineer" them back.... for cheaper....?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I do wish that they were built better. Because I would of kept it.. if it was.

I had to go back to Japanese; for reliability. At least these F6B's were made in the states, by Americans. Maybe one day; American motorcycle manufacturers can draw on the quality of these Japanese motorcycle designs. And produce a rival product.

In a general sense; the Asia Pacific manufacturers have been reverse engineering our American technology and designs. Why can't we "reverse engineer" them back.... for cheaper....?
    I think you meant on the above post that the Vision is made in America by Americans...The F6B is currently made in Japan in their new plant as far as I know..Some rumors are suggesting that Honda may move back to a new motorcycle plant in Tennessee if they get the tax breaks they are looking for....Ride safe

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    It's that moment when you is fixin to sneak in to bed with that special thang........"I be smoothen between the sheets for you honey".
    Stro , I got moves that are so slick that "Smoothen" don't even begin to describe it.

I seen you in action Holmes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver