it's a sad day in our household - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it's a sad day in our household

New 2013 leftovers standard F6B's are $13,999 plus tax out the door in Russellville Arkansas as of two months ago when I ordered one.

Are Canadian Laws Different

I don't know how Canadian laws are but in the states if you don't have anymore TIA's for 6 months or more a person can get their license to drive back. So I would check on that up there and see what the laws are on it. I wouldn't sell the 6 just yet until you know for sure there is no hope of getting it back.
    I would put some of that gas storage liquid in the gas and just go out every other month and start it up and let it warm up to temperature and work the brakes and if you have an area close to you that you can ride it off road like a parking lot just give it a little run from time to time, I wouldn't sell it just yet.

Not Easy.

It's not easy just seeing the bike sitting there and not being able to ride it. My own health issues make it impossible to ride sometimes. Given the s**t weather around here the bike sometimes doesn't move for six or seven months. There are only two reasons I'd sell her, one if I died and my wife sells it, or I buy a new one. Can you appeal that Doctors decision? All the very best
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I'd tuck it away till you get your license back. Good luck either way.

My feelings also. Hope you get your health back real soon.

short version..... after i go through a zillion tests...and you wouldn't believe where somethings have been put i can have my doctor fill out a form saying i'm good to go. i'm not sure if it's a done deal after that or whether or not i can/have to appeal...yadda yadda. like i said be careful what you tell the doctors sad thing is (ya i know i'm whining) no car = massive taxi bills working from home, we have two businesses. funny how much transportation fits into your life without really knowing how MUCH you rely on it. we live 25miles outside the city and commuting bike or car was something you took for granted. the only bright spot is that most of you guys are quoting USD not canuck funny money so at 30 cents on the dollar $13k =$17k or so. believe me it's not that i wanna sell and after all the encouragement from Ya'll it just might sit in storage for the winter and we'll go from there. thanks to all of you who responded, WHEN (positive thinking ) i get reinstated.....i'll let ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Don't sell it!

I have a question though. Did you buy this bike new and add the goodies or did you just buy it as is from the dealer within the last year?

Thanks
    fresh outta the box last year. we added the modifications aftermarket

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I don't know how Canadian laws are but in the states ...........
    Just wait until obamacare is fully implemented.......

Hoping you get a clean bill soon and you can hold out and keep your F6B. Your health is the most important thing though!!

All the best to you