First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!

First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!

Well my F6B is 6 days old and I went on my first long trip this weekend with it. Rode from the Dayton Ohio area down to Dale Hollow lake in Tenn. I kept track of the miles on both trip meters and would fill the bike back up around 200 miles or so, was still showing about 1/4 tank left. Average fill up at those time was just over 4 gallons. Total trip miles was 611.5 and the bike used a grand total of 10.86 gallons for an overall mileage of 56.3 mpg's!! That's incredible!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

You must have been "lightly" loaded with gear and very easy on the throttle to get that kind of mileage!!!..I am 75 , ride one up, and usually take it rather easy on the gas and I have never gotten more than 42mpg....Not that I really care, as gas mileage for most motorcyclists that enjoy the ride don't much care about mpg!!!

I was very surprised to get slightly over 43 mpg last week. I usually bump 40 mpg.
    I am lovin' my F6B! 43K miles now and I can't imagine getting another right away.
    Blotar

As the MPG threads show, that. Ileage os unusual. Congrats on the new bike.

I get 41-43mpg consistently. 36-39 when towing my trailer.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left Franklin on Saturday at 6:00am, arrived in Detroit at 6:45pm, got 37mpg.
    ....dang, that was a long ride, no rain and a clear shot up I-75 once I got to Knoxville.

I have a 2013 F6B in FL. My mileage is 33-35 at various speeds and locations here. I recently took a trip to North Carolina mountains, Dragon, out through KN & OK to CO & UT... when traveling in those states I got 43--46 MPG ??? I wonder if the humidity in FL has something to do with that difference. I am back around 34 again now that I am home.

Where you buy your gas is key also

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    I have a 2013 F6B in FL. My mileage is 33-35 at various speeds and locations here. I recently took a trip to North Carolina mountains, Dragon, out through KN & OK to CO & UT... when traveling in those states I got 43--46 MPG ??? I wonder if the humidity in FL has something to do with that difference. I am back around 34 again now that I am home.
    I use shell or BP or Mobil and don't go to any cutthroat gas sellers that give you that extra few cents off a gallon. Those few cents more buying quality gasoline are worth their weight in gold to the longevity and how your mileage is when you check it. In Michigan we have a lot of cheap gasoline and its not worth even pulling in their drive. Stay with the good stuff and your bike will respond in kind.

Well one of my buddies brought it to my attention that my numbers are slightly off, so to correct it I had to go top off the tank to get a more accurate mileage. I went and topped off the tank because we started with full tanks, it took another 1.38 gallons to bring it to full. That would bring the mileage down to 49.9 mpg's.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Still outstanding mileage, if you did your math right. About 42 - 45 mpg. here.

shooter
    Like Seadog said , one of the biggest variables is fuel. Here in MO in the summer we have oxygenated fuel. It costs me 2 to 3 mpg. The best I've done was on a day following a bunch of slow azz old farts in Harleys. That was 45 mpg. I generally ride the wife on the B and most of the time its between 39 to 41 mpg in the summer. Cooler temps in the fall get me up around 43 without the oxygenated fuel. That 50 mpg is impressive. See if you can duplicate that.