Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

Mr. Cruiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
    I am curious how many F6B owners converted from a Goldwing to an F6B.
    1st of all...if ur the gut I think u r.. I love and appreciate ur video post..I think they're gonna help me tons..when it's gets a lil warmer..and I tackle puttin on the $2100 dollars I spent in mods for my F6B...which I'm in luv with by the way!!
    But..I've owned many bikes..Busa's and the like..all customized..And. Yes..I also owned an '06 deluxe pkg white wing.. Sweet. Bike too!! So..no..I didn't convert..but I did go from a fully customized M109r to my F6B... Props to the 109, however..my red F6B is hands down a faster..sweeter..better handling..much more comfortable bike...

Seriously...???

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I hear a lot of forum members saying that they would have never own a full sized/full blown Goldwing...either due to the size...the trunk...or the image of being a old man's bike. But I think that ANY motorcycle you own can be ridden to be THEE bike you want, whether it is a full Golfwing, or a V-strom 650, or a old BSA Lightning 650. It is the rider that dictates what that bikes is...and what it means to them, and where they ride it. I think "most" of us know that, but when I see so many say they would not have owned a full Goldwing, it "bugs" me a little. (just a little)

All of my previous Goldwings that I have owned, were ridden like they were a ST-1100 or a ST-1300, and at times...like they were a CBR1100-XX Blackbird
    . It is a matter of how you ride, where you ride, and your mindset on that particular bike. I have taken a Goldwing 1500...and blown away competing BMW K1100LTs and K1100RSs, and ST-1100's at endurance rallies, and I mean it really shocked some of these other riders when a Blacked out Goldwing 1500 blows past them in the middle of the night...in the middle of the Nevada desert, and they wonder how that Wing is traveling at those speeds, or handling those curves like that.

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike. I used all of my previous Goldwing 1800s as a endurance riding tool, so even the trunk on the back was utilized for long distance/endurance riding capabilities...even if it meant storing a couple nitrous bottles in there

Any motorcycle...is what YOU make of it. There are some darn good riders out there...i.e., Big Dawg on his 2012 GL-1800 Wing, that can outride a lot of sportbike riders. Same is true with Suzuki V-Strom 650 riders...and just about any bike made...it is more about the rider...than it is the bike.

Make the most of the bike you have, be one with your bike...get to know it so well that you and it can fly like an Eagle (or Seahawk)

Styling is one thing, and the F6B is a great looking bike.
    Seriously...(1st off..I was a Busa man previously) I have to agree with u whole heartedly...I been upstate NY in the twisties with ZX14's Ducati's GSXR1000's .. And had those guys shaking there heads..saying...Dammm ur still with us... YES... I am.. Who the hell told u guys and old man(35yrs riding) can't scrape pegs and blow with u cats!!! Don't get it twisted...an F6B can go...and go fast...maybe not as fast as some of them...but in the twisties...it's about the rider!!! Enuff Said...my wing and I have gained much respect in the. NY biking circles!! Sooo...don't sleep on me..or my F6B... Or u will be reading my lic. Plate!!!

I had a 07 that I loved, but my wife did not. I traded it for a couple of victory baggers but never could replicate the enjoyment I had with the wing. When the f6b came out I hounded my wife until she said go get it. The rest is history, it is exactly what I wanted and need.

Quote Originally Posted by 52edub View Post
    Yes and still do since I converted my Goldwing to an F6B
    I've been wondering if anyone had tried that or if any aftermarket companies offered a way of cleaning up the tail end once the tourpak is removed? My Goggle searches have returned nothing. Do you have any close ups by chance?
    ss^,
    Ken

I have had a 97' Valk for the past 9 years and put 72K on her. Still a great bike. I wasn't really looking
    to get another until the F6B came out and then I got the bug. Before that I have had The Yamaha 1600 Road Star
    and the Yamaha Royal Star. Lovin the F6B.

I was riding a 1992 SE and I kept the old girl. A rare bike really... introducing the pre-production F6B:
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Wing first then SixB

I had a 03 wing with Traxxion Dynamic fork conversion and upgraded rear.
    That bike will ride circles around my F6 But I love the F6 and can't wait for the upgrades. But damn pissed at the
    Factory for lack of cruise controll
    The best bike out there and they skimp... Anybody try and convert yet!?

I came to the F6B from a 2000 Aspencade by way of an '03 VTX 1300. The F6B is my new favorite!

Attachment 5581Attachment 5580yellow.jpg
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrold View Post
    I had a 03 wing with Traxxion Dynamic fork conversion and upgraded rear.
    That bike will ride circles around my F6 But I love the F6 and can't wait for the upgrades. But damn pissed at the
    Factory for lack of cruise controll
    The best bike out there and they skimp... Anybody try and convert yet!?
    You know, I have high hopes for the benefits of a suspension upgrade and you're really stoking those. What was your all in cost for the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I hear a lot of forum members saying that they would have never own a full sized/full blown Goldwing...either due to the size...the trunk...or the image of being a old man's bike. But I think that ANY motorcycle you own can be ridden to be THEE bike you want, whether it is a full Golfwing, or a V-strom 650, or a old BSA Lightning 650. It is the rider that dictates what that bikes is...and what it means to them, and where they ride it. I think "most" of us know that, but when I see so many say they would not have owned a full Goldwing, it "bugs" me a little. (just a little)

All of my previous Goldwings that I have owned, were ridden like they were a ST-1100 or a ST-1300, and at times...like they were a CBR1100-XX Blackbird
    . It is a matter of how you ride, where you ride, and your mindset on that particular bike. I have taken a Goldwing 1500...and blown away competing BMW K1100LTs and K1100RSs, and ST-1100's at endurance rallies, and I mean it really shocked some of these other riders when a Blacked out Goldwing 1500 blows past them in the middle of the night...in the middle of the Nevada desert, and they wonder how that Wing is traveling at those speeds, or handling those curves like that.

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike. I used all of my previous Goldwing 1800s as a endurance riding tool, so even the trunk on the back was utilized for long distance/endurance riding capabilities...even if it meant storing a couple nitrous bottles in there

Any motorcycle...is what YOU make of it. There are some darn good riders out there...i.e., Big Dawg on his 2012 GL-1800 Wing, that can outride a lot of sportbike riders. Same is true with Suzuki V-Strom 650 riders...and just about any bike made...it is more about the rider...than it is the bike.

Make the most of the bike you have, be one with your bike...get to know it so well that you and it can fly like an Eagle (or Seahawk)

Styling is one thing, and the F6B is a great looking bike.

To this point…getting aggressive with a wing in the twisties. I see some including Yellow Wolf use aftermarket suspension for this kind of riding and say that it is quite necessary. What do you Devil Wing Twisty Burners think and use personally?
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win