Klim riding gear

Thread: Klim riding gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I own the black Overland jacket. I bounce around between 250-270 lbs and the XL fits me well. If I dropped to 230lbs, a Large size would likely fit better. It does well up to 90 degrees, but does get hot. Opening all the vents helps. I bought a set of LD comfort shorts and long sleeve shirt, but honestly it didn't help that much in the hot weather. The Overland wrist openings are tight, so even with the Velcro straps loose, I never could get enough breeze blowing up the arms to give me the convection effect. I stopped at a bar and grill to cool off and get a bite. I was seated near a ceiling fan, and was literally freezing my ass off 10 mins later. The LD comfort works well if you can get the breeze blowing up your sleeves. The F6B mirrors do an excellent job blocking that aforementioned breeze.

Despite all that, I really love this jacket, but would hesitate to wear it in 85+ weather.

I tried several Overland pants, but like you Steve, they fit tight. I just couldn't find a size that fit well.

Wayne

I use the Klim Rally jacket and pants when riding my adventure bike and when travelling. And I wear the Klim Dakar pants too, you can vent them by opening the zippers when temperatures go up. I use their gloves too. Expensive but absolutely great quality gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    I The F6B mirrors do an excellent job blocking that aforementioned breeze..
    Baker hand wings will help dramatically with that.
    Enjoy!!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by xgringo View Post
    Baker hand wings will help dramatically with that.
    Enjoy!!
    Tom
    Damn you Tom. Your reply cost me money!
    Can't wait to try them out.
    Wayne