Highest odo reading?

Thread: Highest odo reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Well 195 VBS is high with 78K on a F6B but no longer accumulating miles. Maybe the person he sold it to will become a member and we can still see the 100K milestone crossed soon. Like the title says it is highest odo reading not how many miles you have done. It is about the bike not the Rider. Looks like many have over the 50K mark and at least one will be at the rally in PF. Yep!
    I got the prepaid maintenance so I'm sure this isn't a complete list. I take her to Cycle World and I pick her up.

I'm on my fourth set of tires. First two sets were Stones. Now I have The E4s.

Third air cleaner. Had an incident with a rat's nest about a year ago.

MANY headlight bulbs.

Front wheel bearings

Steering head bearings

I'm on my third battery.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I got the prepaid maintenance so I'm sure this isn't a complete list. I take her to Cycle World and I pick her up.

MANY headlight bulbs.

Front wheel bearings

Steering head bearings

I'm on my third battery.

You are at just over 60 right? Surprised you had two sets of bearing problems. More convincing that I will get the extended warranty next year. Tires, batteries, bulbs, filters I consider consumables like oil and gas. What you gonna do about rats, some got in my SUV last year, put out poison and something ate a bunch of it and I quit seeing the vermin.

MANY headlight bulbs.

Front wheel bearings

Steering head bearings

I'm on my third battery.
    Most of what you listed is normal, but "many headlight bulbs" and "3 batteries" is not. You might want to have someone else check out your electrical system.
    I'd start with the power coming out of your headlight socket and maybe the output of your alternator. Knowing your odo your bike doesn't sit around long enough to kill batteries and bulbs unless they are faulty to start. Maybe there's too much power going to the light and thus blowing the bulbs. Then again maybe it's just one of those southern belle accessory you might have added like an electric hair dryer or window air conditioner.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Then again maybe it's just one of those southern belle accessory you might have added like an electric hair dryer or window air conditioner.
    The only Southern belle accessory I'm carrying is a Ruger LC 9. You've seen it. I thought I was going to have to use it that day in the Delaware Water Gap when you and that Yankee in the minivan were having a "discussion" about right-of-way.

Then I found out that yelling at each other in the middle of the road is just what Yankees do. Who knew???

The only Southern belle accessory I'm carrying is a Ruger LC 9. You've seen it. I thought I was going to have to use it that day in the Delaware Water Gap when you and that Yankee in the minivan were having a "discussion" about right-of-way.

Then I found out that yelling at each other in the middle of the road is just what Yankees do. Who knew???
    Oh you were miss led my child! That was no Yankee that was an out of state New Yorker!
    I just can't stand people telling me what to do or forcing me to ride at 10 miles an hour down a winding road that begs to be ridden at 60!
    Do you remember that road? They just repaved it. Now, just last week in fact, on my way to the bakery I proved 70 is possible. You know at my age I have to travel at that speed to get my ODO up so I can brag and still have time to eat.