It Never Gets Old

Thread: It Never Gets Old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a couple on an HD pull next to me at a light, he said is that the new Wing. I laughed and said no it's a 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I had a couple on an HD pull next to me at a light, he said is that the new Wing. I laughed and said no it's a 2013!
    The same thing has happened to me several times. Just two weeks ago, someone in a parking lot asked if my F6B was the 'New Goldwing'. They are really surprised if you tell them it's basically the same Goldwing Honda introduced 18 years ago!

The GL1800 design has aged very well, and the F6B is the best looking version by far. I would not be surprised if a few years from now, the 'New' Wing looks more dated than the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I would not be surprised if a few years from now, the 'New' Wing looks more dated than the F6B.
    You have a good point. IMHO the F6B design ages very well. When it's tucked away for the winter I often just stop and admire the style as I pass through the shop.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    You have a good point. IMHO the F6B design ages very well. When it's tucked away for the winter I often just stop and admire the style as I pass through the shop.
    When Honda moved manufacturing from Ohio to Japan and introduced the slightly redesigned 2012 Wing, I really didn't like the looks. The 2-tone paint scheme looked a little gaudy, and the angular bags made the rounded off trunk look like an aftermarket add-on.

The F6B came along a year later. With no trunk and a slightly smaller fairing those angular bags looked perfect. It was the best looking Goldwing ever made. I have to think Honda had the F6B in mind when they restyled the 2012 Wing.