Slow F6B sales in DFW Area - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slow F6B sales in DFW Area

Here's an article and video from Market Watch owned by the Wall Street Journal showing that BMW Drivers really are jerks! A US and UK study confirmed it!

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...-studies-find/

Quote Originally Posted by TheShow View Post
    Here's an article and video from Market Watch owned by the Wall Street Journal showing that BMW Drivers really are jerks! A US and UK study confirmed it!

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...-studies-find/
    That's awesome, now we have proof!

Another story

I live in the Milwaukee, WI area. The big H-D 110th reunion happens this coming weekend, and the highways are already getting crowded with Harleys. I have owned a couple myself. I stopped for gas on my F6B yesterday evening. I was already pulling up to the pump when I realized that there were 10-12 H-Ds parked alongside the building. Several were very nice; all had out-of-state plates. I filled up and and walked into the station. When I walked out two minutes later, all of the Harley riders were gathered around MY bike. They had a million questions. To a person they said they loved the looks of the F6B; a couple said they were thinking of getting one. No one had a negative comment. Overall Harley dependability was a frequent complaint voiced by this group; they believed the Goldwings never really needed more than oil changes and tires. Here's hoping they are right!

You have to look at motorcycles based on geography. Those of us in high traffic areas like NJ will never get a chance to use cruise control. So an option like that means nothing. The last time I spoke to the Honda dealer I bought my F6B from, he had sold five. If I lived in a wide open area like Texas than cruise control would be important. I owned a BMW RT before this bike and I never used the cruise control once.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

I've been riding for nearly 50 years and the first 45 was without cruise control. I live in Texas and a throttle lock is just fine. Don't get me wrong cruise on the Wing I had and traded for the F6 was nice but it just spoiled me.
    Who knows how long the F6 will go, at least we can get stuff for it via the Wing. I've been following the new CB1100 and there is nothing for it "local" all aftermarket stuff comes from Japan or Australia and its all big bucks.........they ask the same question, how long will the CB1100 be around............and that is why not much local available, manufacturers don't want to invest on an unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    You have to look at motorcycles based on geography. Those of us in high traffic areas like NJ will never get a chance to use cruise control. So an option like that means nothing. The last time I spoke to the Honda dealer I bought my F6B from, he had sold five. If I lived in a wide open area like Texas than cruise control would be important. I owned a BMW RT before this bike and I never used the cruise control once.
    I live in Brick and I bought my M109 from the dealer in TR. mike the salesman can't keep the F6B on the showroom floor long enough. I may by the F6B next year as an addition to the stable or sell my M109R to get the F6B. But I do live my 9. Two totally different bikes. Most of my friends have Harley's because they bought into the lifestyle. I have no issues with them or the bikes. As long as people ride I'm ok.

Slow sales ...

I will guarantee there will be twice as many f6b bikes on the streets of Chicago come next riding season ... 9 out of 10 folks who see my bike up close and not online or through word of mouth are absolutely in love with this machine ... I have a buddy who got his just last week. Here in Chicago, unfortunately, we're seasonal riders and folks are already gearing up for the winter, therefore their eyes are set for next season. Every time I go downtown Chicago, I turn in to a 'Honda' rep ... tons of questions and compliments ... this bike will def make a mark in Chicago. I can stand on that personally ... and if it doesn't ... the hell with it ... I GOT MINE!!!!

Slow sales

I live in Snyder Texas, between Lubbock and Abilene, In West Texas, We had a rally here this past weekend w/ close to 6000 in attendance
    and my F6 was the only one there and had several people ask what it was. One Harley guy was calling it a under-powered GW, He was leaving as my wife and I so I pulled up be side him on the street and he took off and I'm 350# (Not gonna say what my wife weighs, Not that stupid) He got the jump but w/in a block that under powered GW was pulling away from his big bad H-D w/ his big bad 110 CI motor, Got to love it, I also have a fast black 97 Valk and it has never seen the tail light on a H-D, Love my rice burners !!!!!!

I finally got to sit on a wing and a f6b today and I gotta say at 6 foot tall the wing felt kinda cramped for me, the seat really locked me in and my legs made contact with the fairing. The f6b felt much more open and comfortable, my legs didn't make contact with the fairing. Definately my money would go to the f6b if I we're in the market for a 20k bike. The problem is
    I believe there are fewer riders these days that are willing to pay the entrance fee for a new toy.

Slow sales?

I checked the Honda website and they are again offering 1.99% fixed APR for up to 36-months on a wide variety of models including the 2013 F6B, GL1800 Gold Wing (all levels), and the new CB1100. It appears the offer ends 9/30/13