Does it bother anybody else? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does it bother anybody else?

Kinda bothers me a little. Especially since I paid just under msrp otd with a few extras.

Then I go for a ride and start picking up women instead.

ymmv

One thing that will make me buy f6b is ...

The One thing that will make me buy f6b is Reverse. I'm 5'4 and this bike is very big for me to push back. Just bought a 2016 street glide and the first thing I did was add an reverse to it. It's motor trike reverse. If I decide in a year or two to jump on a new Milwaukee eight engine, the reverse can be removed and transferred to new bike. There's a bakers reverse kit for Harley but that goes into the tranny. So with bakers u basically have shift points as R-1-N-2-3-4-5-6.

Essentially 2 up and 5 down? Seems like a logical place to put reverse, but I'd like to hear the experiences of someone that has that installed on a two wheeler . Would be very unusual to get used to I'd think. Especially going into reverse from neutral.

Paint

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I've just begun looking at the F6B lately. I currently own a PC800 and an ST1100P, but there is a White/Matte 2016 sitting at my local dealership that has been calling out to me. I haven't discussed any price with them yet... in fact, I just threw my leg over it for the first time this past week. I will say though, it amazes me that there are so many very lightly used F6B's for sale that are $7,000 or $8,000 below the list price of the new one. My problem is that I only want the White/Matte color combo, and if I understand correctly, it just came out in 2016? So it may be a while before I see any used White editions on the market.

I just can't stomach paying anywhere near list for a new one, only to lose several thousand dollars just by putting a plate on it. Ugh.

In the mean time, I'm going to hang out here on the F6B Riders Forum for a while and gain some insight into the bike.
    You could find the best deal on any color and then get it painted white. You would probably still be ahead from buying a '16.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    You could find the best deal on any color and then get it painted white. You would probably still be ahead from buying a '16.
    I'm finding White 2016's for $16k and $17k out the door, so if I decide to go for it, I just have to convince my local dealer to make a local happy and not make me ride cross country to get my new bike.
    Not that it would be such a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Essentially 2 up and 5 down? Seems like a logical place to put reverse, but I'd like to hear the experiences of someone that has that installed on a two wheeler . Would be very unusual to get used to I'd think. Especially going into reverse from neutral.
    This is the one I have on my 16 street glide :

https://youtu.be/CO9qBHqa7-k

Well explained for what you've installed, thanks for posting.

Doesn't bother me, who wants to pull in for a burger with 50 other matching bikes in the parking lot? If that's what I wanted I would have kept the Harley. I've seen less than a dozen f6s in WA since I bought my '13, no one even knows what it is, but a lot of people ask about it. I kinda like it that way.
    ss^,
    Ken

Slow sales on the F6B

I was recently at my Honda dealer, they have two unsold F6B's for 2016, along with a 2015 GoldWing and a 2016 Goldwing.

Personally, I think the F6B is one awesome bike! The power, handling, performance all are great, along with the styling. I left the multi-line Honda dealership, and went down the road to Harley Davidson, where they were selling bikes like you read about. Of course, the new 107 Cu In Milwaukee Eight is an engine that Honda should build, it is that close to a nice product. I then stopped by the Victory/Indian dealer, and again, bikes were moving off the showroom, things were exciting. Now..I have ridden the 2017 Indian Chieftain with the new Ride Command Touchscreen, and although nice, the engine is sort of a pooch off idle, but pulls pretty good. An F6B will leave it in the dust, I can assure you of that!

So...here is the problem at Honda. It is ran by accountants that keep new features from , being introduced, under the guise of cost savings of any development. I hate to admit it, but Harley has it figured out. They came out with the Rushmore project, EVERYONE that actually rides was trading in the old style Harley, for the new improved bike. Harley sold a TON of the Rushmore project bikes, the touch sceen was nice, bluetooth, throttle by wire has been with Harley for a long time, along with a $300 cruise control option.

What is lacking at Honda, is real product development we want! Honda can't sell the bikes, although they are priced at a discount to the competition, and it is because they build a boring motorcycle. For a technology company, I can't believe they don't have a touch screen, and that all come with ABS and traction control, as every modern bike should have. Bluetooth connectivity isn't my thing, but I know people like this, and the throttle by wire just works so well, integrates with the fuel mapping AND the cruise control is so much better!

Now that Harley has the new 107 cu in Milwaukee Eight, they have the riders excited and buying the product. They recently laid of 200 people at the plant in Pennsylvania that builds the new Milwaukee Eight, but that is because they built a ton of the bikes for the dealership network, and like to control the DEMAND by limiting production. I know this spring, Harley will sell every single bike they can build, ZERO discounts folks!

The Indian Ride Command Touchscreen was sort of cool, although I think it is obnoxiously too large and placed too high, the buyers are coming out in droves to buy the latest version of the bike. I have been told a lot of the Indian Roadmasters sold, were to people who traded in the Goldwing for one. Now, the Roadmasters are being traded in on the new touchscreen...because that is what everyone wants.

This is my theory on Honda, they are concentrating on the sub 500 cc bikes, and don't give a damn about the bikes that they could make the most money on if they knew anything about motorcycles and riders!

Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    I was recently at my Honda dealer, they have two unsold F6B's for 2016, along with a 2015 GoldWing and a 2016 Goldwing.

Personally, I think the F6B is one awesome bike! The power, handling, performance all are great, along with the styling. I left the multi-line Honda dealership, and went down the road to Harley Davidson, where they were selling bikes like you read about. Of course, the new 107 Cu In Milwaukee Eight is an engine that Honda should build, it is that close to a nice product. I then stopped by the Victory/Indian dealer, and again, bikes were moving off the showroom, things were exciting. Now..I have ridden the 2017 Indian Chieftain with the new Ride Command Touchscreen, and although nice, the engine is sort of a pooch off idle, but pulls pretty good. An F6B will leave it in the dust, I can assure you of that!

So...here is the problem at Honda. It is ran by accountants that keep new features from , being introduced, under the guise of cost savings of any development. I hate to admit it, but Harley has it figured out. They came out with the Rushmore project, EVERYONE that actually rides was trading in the old style Harley, for the new improved bike. Harley sold a TON of the Rushmore project bikes, the touch sceen was nice, bluetooth, throttle by wire has been with Harley for a long time, along with a $300 cruise control option.

What is lacking at Honda, is real product development we want! Honda can't sell the bikes, although they are priced at a discount to the competition, and it is because they build a boring motorcycle. For a technology company, I can't believe they don't have a touch screen, and that all come with ABS and traction control, as every modern bike should have. Bluetooth connectivity isn't my thing, but I know people like this, and the throttle by wire just works so well, integrates with the fuel mapping AND the cruise control is so much better!

Now that Harley has the new 107 cu in Milwaukee Eight, they have the riders excited and buying the product. They recently laid of 200 people at the plant in Pennsylvania that builds the new Milwaukee Eight, but that is because they built a ton of the bikes for the dealership network, and like to control the DEMAND by limiting production. I know this spring, Harley will sell every single bike they can build, ZERO discounts folks!

The Indian Ride Command Touchscreen was sort of cool, although I think it is obnoxiously too large and placed too high, the buyers are coming out in droves to buy the latest version of the bike. I have been told a lot of the Indian Roadmasters sold, were to people who traded in the Goldwing for one. Now, the Roadmasters are being traded in on the new touchscreen...because that is what everyone wants.

This is my theory on Honda, they are concentrating on the sub 500 cc bikes, and don't give a damn about the bikes that they could make the most money on if they knew anything about motorcycles and riders!
    You have to also consider that Harley is playing to a kept crowd. I ride with more Harley riders than anyone else on a regular basis. It wouldn't matter what Honda did, they're going to buy a Harley. Two of my riding buddies have 2016 Ultras. One is a Water cooled version. Both have had warranty issues already. My one buddy has been down on the side of the road with a faulty clutch issue. He's been pretty mad, and has vocalized buying a Honda as a replacement, but in the end he stays true to Harley.

I'm a different breed. I appreciate the flat 6 power and durability. I love how this big bike handles in the twisties. I've added my own gadgets, mostly stereo related. I love this bike. I hope Honda reads and takes some clues from sites like this, but in the end , it's out of my control. I'm going to continue to ride my B like I stole it.
    Attachment 23615Attachment 23616Attachment 23617
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"