Mustang seat. after a year on it how good is it?

Thread: Mustang seat. after a year on it how good is it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quality is good but fit is poor. Had one for awhile and went to the stock OEM. Side covers are move difficult to remove with the Mustang seat and the grab rails never attached as secure as the OEM. Pulling on the rail when using center stand made that apparent. Had all 4 bolts through and tightened evenly but never the solid connection of the stock. My advice is look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Quality is good but fit is poor. Had one for awhile and went to the stock OEM. Side covers are move difficult to remove with the Mustang seat and the grab rails never attached as secure as the OEM. Pulling on the rail when using center stand made that apparent. Had all 4 bolts through and tightened evenly but never the solid connection of the stock. My advice is look elsewhere.
    Just a side note on the grab rails..Did you replace the OEM bolts with the newer pointed after-market ones available from Value Accessories and/or WingStuff??..Install these and your problems with the seat rails go away as they are longer and 100% easier to install/remove the seat....Regards

My my issue was not installing the seat nor the grab rails. That was easy and I used the OEM hardware. The issue was the mold was off and my seat was a later seat after Mustang corrected the misfit at the front. The Mustang spacers float whereas the stock spacers set in the OEM seat pan and did not move. If Mustang could make a duplicate mold of the OEM seat base that would accept the OEM spacer I would try another. I had a Mustang Tripper on my Harley and that fit great but not the Mustang seat for the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Just a side note on the grab rails..Did you replace the OEM bolts with the newer pointed after-market ones available from Value Accessories and/or WingStuff??..Install these and your problems with the seat rails go away as they are longer and 100% easier to install/remove the seat....Regards
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 10-10-2018 at 04:36 PM.

No complaints after 18,000 + miles on my Mustang Fastback Tripper (tuck & roll model). Looks like new, never had hot spots and have done a few 600+ mile days with it.