No Cruise for 2014 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    It's a part of the frustration of this subject matter,,, Very few have a true idea of what it takes to put cruise on an F6B.

Many think it's just a small oversight,,, easy to add,,,

I read once where all Honda had to do was add switches to the bars and 'turn it on' in the ECU,,,
    That would be nice but not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Pretty simple, I had just finished the install and testing and had not removed the go cruise. it has since been removed and given away. My oversight for taking the pic with it on there, but I wanted to show the switches installed on the right side instead of the left as others have done.
    Makes sense! Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    It's a part of the frustration of this subject matter,,, Very few have a true idea of what it takes to put cruise on an F6B.

Many think it's just a small oversight,,, easy to add,,,

I read once where all Honda had to do was add switches to the bars and 'turn it on' in the ECU,,,
    You would be correct IF the bike was equipped with "throttle by wire". The F6B use a cable driven throttle body.

Barry

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yeppers, much easier (and less expensive) to have cruise w/throttle by wire.

My truck and a friend's HD have TBW. Both act a little sluggish in throttle response compared to a direct 'manual' connection to the TB.

Unclear, but the 'sensitivity' was told to me to be somewhat adjustable on the HD.

Whatever kit you but the install is going to be basically the same you will be stripping the bike all the way down to the throttle bodies then installing from there up this is where you will burn shop time,

The way I see it every kit will need power a speedo feed and a tach feed and most likely a connection to the brake lights I would suggest that both the MC and ROSTRA will do this at the same point on the bike

The MC will have an advantage as the controls will come prewired not a big issue to me as I used OEM the other advantage is that the MC will be or should be pre-configured with correct settings etc this again was not too big of an issue with the Rostra as there is plenty of info out there to reference. The MC should also have pre made brackets etc to replace what the F6B has missing but they are easily made for the Rostra

Both kits will produce the same result if your going to do it yourself I would say go with the ROSTRA just spend some time reading and your be fine

If your going to have a shop do it buy the MC most shops wont deal well with the ROSTRA labor will be the killer I found it easier to remove all the plastic to route wires and cables most shops will want to do this.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

For me, and it is only my opinion ~ which only suits me ~ the one and only thing I dislike is the paint quality / lack of clear coat or whatever you call it. Was at a dealer yesterday, looking at a black and a red F6, both 2013s and just from them being dusted / cleaned on the floor their paint was in real bad shape. A casual comment / question about it and the sales guy seemed to take offense, not my intent, but it did kinda end my shopping experience. Guess I'll end up contacting Honda of Russellville and see how much they charge for a repainted black bike!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    For me, and it is only my opinion ~ which only suits me ~ the one and only thing I dislike is the paint quality / lack of clear coat or whatever you call it. Was at a dealer yesterday, looking at a black and a red F6, both 2013s and just from them being dusted / cleaned on the floor their paint was in real bad shape. A casual comment / question about it and the sales guy seemed to take offense, not my intent, but it did kinda end my shopping experience. Guess I'll end up contacting Honda of Russellville and see how much they charge for a repainted black bike!
    That would be the ONLY way to solve the paint issue!

I never really noticed any paint issues on the bikes I looked at in a few dealerships around here....but, things worked out for me when I bought my F6B as my wife did not like the red or black that was offered...So, we "popped" for the cost of a complete re-paint job, big bucks, and love the color and the nice job that was done...BrandyWine Red Clearcoat....No paint issues so far...Guess this topic should be moved to the paint issues section, sorry.....