BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit Problem

Thread: BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well keep us posted; the handlebar buttons sounds reasonable.

I give up!!

After spending all day (short break for lunch), checking each connection, continuity in the switches, continuity in the wiring and grounds, and rerouting some of the wiring........ I finally eliminated the gremlin..........well almost.........it doesn't change channels, adjust the volume or squelch when I push the talk button, but now I can't turn the dang thing off, or go from headphones to speakers.......but I'm not complaining it works..........for now!!

Rats. I wish I was closer... I'd love to come over and help figure out what the heck is going on. Maybe try the aluminum foil thing; it can't hurt.

I wish you did too.........could have used an extra brain today.........I'm not an electrician by any stretch of the imagination but I can generally trace out something..........the CB switch taps into two wires in the wiring harness under the seat on the left side above the battery. I can only assume it is the two wires that regulate and display the on/off status and the speakers/headset status of the CB.......it's not a big problem it's just that I like to turn the CB off when I ride alone. I'm just glad that it is in the on position for now........if not I would still be out in the garage.

Thanks for your moral support though!

Ride Safe But Often!!!!

you may have already done this but double check the pins inside the connectors. especially the ones by the relay box. I had a similar problem with mine when i installed it and found one of the pins got bent during connection. I also had a couple of pins that were not soldered very well and had to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by flamed20 View Post
    you may have already done this but double check the pins inside the connectors. especially the ones by the relay box. I had a similar problem with mine when i installed it and found one of the pins got bent during connection. I also had a couple of pins that were not soldered very well and had to fix them.
    Thanks, for the information..........I'll do that!