My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified

My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified

She got both of her 1,500 miles in under 24 hr certificates. I'm so proud of her.

Attachment 23381Attachment 23382
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Well done!

2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    She got both of her 1,500 miles in under 24 hr certificates. I'm so proud of her.

Attachment 23381Attachment 23382
    Excellent achievement! Congrats. I just re-read your post from July to figure out why you did not make a Bun Burner Gold 3000. That coast to coast in 50 hours looks doable for you. Good luck.

Are you still running stock height tinted screen and Mustang seat?

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Excellent achievement! Congrats. As far as I can tell you really completed a Bun Burner Gold 3000. Back to back BBG 1500. 3000 miles in 48 hours!!!
    That was the goal when I started out. Unfortunately, due to a 3 significant events I blew my turn time. I ended taking 49 hours 53 min to complete the entire trip.

First issue: I lost my pony tank an hour after launch. Turn 5 scheduled gas stops into 11. Unknown stops suck, had to wing it.

2nd issue: Got caught up in a nasty thunder Strom which disabled my GPS (phone) missed a key turn and added 57 miles and 45 min to my trip.

3rd issue: I stopped for breakfast at my turn around point. Needed a witness for documentation. Asked the waitress. She said she would ask the manager. I gave her the paperwork and didn't get it back for 45 min.

We won't mention that is took the Montana highway patrol 15 min to right my ticket

That was the goal when I started out. Unfortunately, due to a 3 significant events I blew my turn time. I ended taking 49 hours 53 min to complete the entire trip.

First issue: I lost my pony tank an hour after launch. Turn 5 scheduled gas stops into 11. Unknown stops suck, had to wing it.

2nd issue: Got caught up in a nasty thunder Strom which disabled my GPS (phone) missed a key turn and added 57 miles and 45 min to my trip.

3rd issue: I stopped for breakfast at my turn around point. Needed a witness for documentation. Asked the waitress. She said she would ask the manager. I gave her the paperwork and didn't get it back for 45 min.

We won't mention that is took the Montana highway patrol 15 min to right my ticket
    How about equipment? Are you still using stock height screen and Mustang Seat?

How about equipment? Are you still using stock height screen and Mustang Seat?
    I do have the Mustang seat. I have the tinted shortie Honda F6B shield. I haven't had a shield on my last 3 bikes and used them all for long distance. Just not my thing. The only serious mod is the auxiliary tank.

I do have the Mustang seat. I have the tinted shortie Honda F6B shield. I haven't had a shield on my last 3 bikes and used them all for long distance. Just not my thing. The only serious mod is the auxiliary tank.
    I am glad the Mustang seat works for you. I already had a Russell Day-Long before Mustang had their seat ready and did not need a reduced height saddle but I like the idea of sitting lower in the bike. I too, prefer the short screen although we are in the minority. It works fine for me in all conditions I have encountered. Great ride! Best of luck on your next adventure. Keep us posted.

I am glad the Mustang seat works for you. I already had a Russell Day-Long before Mustang had their seat ready and did not need a reduced height saddle but I like the idea of sitting lower in the bike. I too, prefer the short screen although we are in the minority. It works fine for me in all conditions I have encountered. Great ride! Best of luck on your next adventure. Keep us posted.
    Thanks,

Next spring I will take another shot at it. Logistically it can be done. I just need to refine the exicution.

Congrats, BadDawg!
    A BunBurner Gold is not an easy task.
    I've got the two beginner runs, the SaddleSore 1000 and BunBurner 1500, under my belt
    The BunBurner Gold is my next ride...hopefully this Fall when the heat gets outta here.
    I've been trying to get at least one of my riding buddies to do it with me, but they all think I'm nuts....LOL...I am NUTS!!
    So, it looks like it's just gonna be me, the F6B and I-10 west across Texas and back.
    Again, Congrats on a ride well-done!

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Congrats, BadDawg!
    A BunBurner Gold is not an easy task.
    I've got the two beginner runs, the SaddleSore 1000 and BunBurner 1500, under my belt
    The BunBurner Gold is my next ride...hopefully this Fall when the heat gets outta here.
    I've been trying to get at least one of my riding buddies to do it with me, but they all think I'm nuts....LOL...I am NUTS!!
    So, it looks like it's just gonna be me, the F6B and I-10 west across Texas and back.
    Again, Congrats on a ride well-done!

TX I-10 is the perfect place to,do it. I did my first BBG going from Tucson to Junction City TX. That wad on my VTX1800. Had an aux tank on that too. Had a good friend almost same set up do it with me. That can be a good or a bad thing. He was great, others not so much.