Is it just my eyes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post

Seriously, the thing that kills me now is the new "Style" for 4WD pickups--you raise the front and lower the rear and that always puts the light beam burning a hole in my retina.
    Yup. Many of you dismiss it as old age, but headlight technology was static for decades, now there are awful after-market pop-ins that are so cool tinted I've thought they were law enforcement blue lights.
    For the better part of a century you'd go buy a sealed glass headlight and maybe you'd have a halogen option. Now it looks like a string of Christmas lights dragging down the highway at night. Tint and output used to be fairly consistent and you could be cited for misaligned or improper lighting. It's "anything goes" nowadays.
    Reflectors are carefully designed for the bulb or emitter they couple with, I see folks with god-only-knows in their headlights and dream of days gone by.
    So like the doc said, there's probably nothing wrong with your eyes.
    Welcome to the new normal.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have always been sensitive to bright lights / even worse now or I am not willing to put up with any inconvenience these days. I am only 56 and I am quickly becoming an angry old man if I don't get my way. I only have so much time left and I am realizing that life is too short now to let someone else tell me what to do. I have spent my entire life taking care of my family. My daughters are all grown up and it is my turn now.

Steve
    You took the words out of my mouth . . . 56 with adult daughters too and I feel exactly the same way as you. Curmudgeons R'Us and we're just getting warmed up!

night driving

Yellow lenses help to reduce the halo during night driving (at least for me). The yellow lenses may be those that are "blue blockers" - they block blue light - I'm not sure. And I don't drive the Wing at night; just the cage, since I'm a geezer.

The night drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    Yellow lenses help to reduce the halo during night driving (at least for me). The yellow lenses may be those that are "blue blockers" - they block blue light - I'm not sure. And I don't drive the Wing at night; just the cage, since I'm a geezer.
    Most good night driving glasses have two coating, one is the yellow tint, the second is a Zeis coating like what is on a set of binoculars which very efficiently block the glare you get from oncoming bright lights. My night drivers were fairly expensive at about 325 buck but there isn't any other set that I have ever had that equaled them for blocking the bright and glare of oncoming headlights. they also work great seeing in a heavy downpour, you wouldn't think they would help but they are excellent for that also.

Good anti glare glasses are well worth the cost for night driving ( I have worn glasses from the age of 5) BUT my main issue is with the headlights over powering a cars signal lights. and making it hard to see the signals.
    If and when someone actually uses their signals before turning left in front of me, I would like to see the signal and be ready for the guy to "not see me" and turn in front of me.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I have been saying this since last year

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Good anti glare glasses are well worth the cost for night driving ( I have worn glasses from the age of 5) BUT my main issue is with the headlights over powering a cars signal lights. and making it hard to see the signals.
    If and when someone actually uses their signals before turning left in front of me, I would like to see the signal and be ready for the guy to "not see me" and turn in front of me.
    Its not only good to be able to see his turn signal but like you said, for him to see you. Since I bought the bright white driving lights from Value Accessories I haven't had one car turn in front of me or pull out in front of me and I can only think that those lower bright white light are working for people to see me. I had 4 or 5 close encounters before their installation and none since. I didn't change anything else, still have the stock headlights in and the driving lights were the only change. I think they are worth the money just for the safety aspect as I am just a day rider and leave them on all the time and I don't ride at night.