Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
So, I plan to be there. As we discussed, I am pretty picky about lodging, especially bedding) and for the past 5-8 years I’ve been staying at the Hampton Inn in Montrose, and I’ve booked there for 17-20 September. More expensive (I got AAA rate of $136/night with two Queen beds, plus tax), but I like their beds and breakfast. I’ll hang out with everyone else in the evenings at the Super, but will stay at the Hampton.
Yeah, I know what you mean about lodging. I was hesitant about a Super8, due to the Cortez experience, and had thought about the Hampton Inn. I decided against it, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was trying to be mindful of the cost; $150+ per night, after tax is charged, might be kinda meaty for some. Also, the Hampton Inn is a bit out there, as far as I can tell from the map, and not really walking distance to dining establishments. I thought the Super8 was better, with regard to those factors, and the ratings for the place, (4.5/5 vs. 3.5/5 for Cortez), makes me hopeful.

Hope to see you in September!