Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 15
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    ...nobody mentions how to disconnect the electrical plug on the dash. Am I the only fu@#ing idiot that doesn't know how it comes apart? I am about ready to just pull like hell and hope for the best...
    Seriously, this is pissing me off.
    That multi-pin connector has a latch. Two ways to release it...small flat blade screwdriver going in from the left side OR needle nose pliers going in from the right side. My preference is the needle nose. If you go that route, simply pinch on the middle of the connector while pulling slightly on the wires. The connector should release easily.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Sorry HTH

Yes you did mention it. And it worked. Jeez!

Thanks Ken. In my frustration I scratched the friggin speaker grills on the clutch handle assembly. Thought I'd mention it so nobody else did the same.

It is the weekend / has anyone done the JBL speaker install yet that had the new version of the J&Ms?

I connected the left speaker and it sounded good but it was not installed just laying there. I only had a few minutes and was not ready to start the speaker mod in a hurry.
    But my 30 sec review is they may be better but I need to get both in installed and the dash put back together to really compare. The left JBL did not jump out as being better than the right J&M. I don't think this was a good comparison the music could have been different on the left and right channels.

If they are not a lot better then the JBLs are going in my car which has worn out speakers in the front. I tried to force Alpine 6x9s ovals in the front doors of my Honda Accord a few years ago (they should have been 6.5) I got them to fit OK with a spacer but not before they dragged against the window and scraped the tint all to hell. I bought an extra set of the JBLs for the Accord. Live and learn Don't be in a hurry to hear your music upgrade!!! Take your time and do it right.

I only had a few minutes / I did not want get caught putting more money in the bike after I just put the J&ms in last week.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Yes you did mention it. And it worked. Jeez!
    HTH == Hope This Helps

And yes, it is a PITA until you know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    That multi-pin connector has a latch. Two ways to release it...small flat blade screwdriver going in from the left side OR needle nose pliers going in from the right side. My preference is the needle nose. If you go that route, simply pinch on the middle of the connector while pulling slightly on the wires. The connector should release easily.
    To be honest, after the first few times removing that thing, I purposely broke the latch thing. The plug fits snuggly enough,I've not had a problem.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

All you need is to just push your finger nail into it and pull a little (you are talking about the tweeters right). I have had it off several times.
    Cutting or bending the speaker is what has me worried.
    Steve

I have tons of tools but not a spinning dremil. I have the modulation thing to cut with / I don't think that will work. I have a zip tool but that thing is totally out of control.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    It is the weekend / has anyone done the JBL speaker install yet that had the new version of the J&Ms?

I connected the left speaker and it sounded good but it was not installed just laying there. I only had a few minutes and was not ready to start the speaker mod in a hurry.
    But my 30 sec review is they may be better but I need to get both in installed and the dash put back together to really compare. The left JBL did not jump out as being better than the right J&M. I don't think this was a good comparison the music could have been different on the left and right channels.

If they are not a lot better then the JBLs are going in my car which has worn out speakers in the front. I tried to force Alpine 6x9s ovals in the front doors of my Honda Accord a few years ago (they should have been 6.5) I got them to fit OK with a spacer but not before they dragged against the window and scraped the tint all to hell. I bought an extra set of the JBLs for the Accord. Live and learn Don't be in a hurry to hear your music upgrade!!! Take your time and do it right.

I only had a few minutes / I did not want get caught putting more money in the bike after I just put the J&ms in last week.

Steve
    DO NOT MIX THE TWO SPEAKERS TOGETHER. THE VOICE COILS ARE DIFFERENT. KEEP THE 2 SAME MAKES OF SPEAKERS TOGETHER..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

It was just a quick test. I will not mix / once I mod them I will put them both in and let you know how they compare to the new version of the J&M.

I work 12 hours tomorrow and Monday I am leaving out of town for a week.

Steve