GPS Mounts

Thread: GPS Mounts

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

GPS Mounts

Original post by "Kidder"

Please post sources

Got my RAM mount off amazon. I installed the 12v outlet in the storage compartment. I can hook up a spiral charging cord to my Nuvi mounted on the RAM mount and my GPS is ready to function.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attachment 119

Here's what I did for my GPS. I used the RAM mount I had on my Valkyrie. I connected it to the clutch mount using spaces and longer bolts.

Here is our design. Mounts with one thumbscrew. Clamps to dash. Fits Ram diamond, cell, gps and satellite radio standard hole config.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/.../gps-mount.htm

I drilled and tapped a 1/4 20 hole in the handle bar and screwed in the appropriate RAM ball. Connected a short arm and the Garmin 550 to the Ball and there you have it.

GPS_RAM.jpg
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Cool My gps mount

Here's my mount. It is a perch mount from Kuryakyn, but I had to change it. The original design puts gps much closer to rider, too close for me to read proprerly. I think it is not a good design for F6B, maybe for a different bike. So I only used the black plastic perch mount arm and I made my own gps holder using the holder that came with gps. I drilled a small hole in the middle of Garmin gps holder and used the long screw that came with Kuryakyn mount. I also had to dremel plastic Kuryakyn arm to create a bit of angle so gps is easier to see, otherwise gps would have been straight.

It wasn't hard at all, I think that this is a very clean looking mount. I use gps all the time I ride. When on a road trip I would simply unsnapp the gps and take it with me or lock it on bike in storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lewis/ec View Post
    Here is our design. Mounts with one thumbscrew. Clamps to dash. Fits Ram diamond, cell, gps and satellite radio standard hole config.

How does this compare to the Bracketron unit that you also offer for sale? (I am using a Zumo 660 GPS.)

My phone fits perfectly in the hole for the sound system screen. It fits deep enough that its shadowed and I can see it very well. If I'm using it for music then the GPS will interrupt for directions and I wouldn't have any information on the screen that isn't on the phone.

Any ideas for a clean easy on and off mount there?

Quote Originally Posted by lewis/ec View Post

Lewis, Do we have to drill a hole in the dash?
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

I am using these.........http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=173
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com