New Paint .... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Paint ....

Love that color and the completeness of the job. Very Nice !

Smokin'

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    This is Metallic.... Ruby Red Metallic with tinted clearcoat. It does not show that in the pics but glitters in the sunlight. Same color as the 2012--2015 F-150 & Mustangs. Ford RR
    It appears darker inside garage, in the evening ect.... appears lighter in full daytime.
    Love that color, I have it on my F150 and it just glows in the sunlight. That is exactly the color I would choose for a re-paint!
    Attachment 21468
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

The matt painted mirrors on the F6B seemed to make sense to repaint also since the bugs and such hit them at full force. The extra paint on the motor covers seems to set it off as being more sporty than the factory solid colors of either the F6B or the fullwing. Still have a few paint issues that need to be corrected by the painter before I can complete tho.

Very nice. My wife wants her F6 to be Purple some day. I know you did all the hard work and your painter just shot the removed panels. What was the cost in the end?
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

About 12 hours to teardown, about the same to put back together.... many parts and pieces were bagged and marked that I did. $1080 at this point to the paint shop, but have a few orange peel issues to be resolved as yet. Painter says all in the clearcoat and is normal, waiting for his callback to get it finished so I can complete. Probably would choose a different painter if doing again. Hopefully he is 100% correct and I will be happy in the end.

It looks awesome. Would you do it again or would you pay someone to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    It looks awesome. Would you do it again or would you pay someone to do it.
    I regretted getting into the teardown because of the amount of pieces, but when putting back together they actually fell into place much easier than I thought. Use many ziplock bags, be excessive and mark them. I took pieces to a paint shop and would never attemp to paint myself. I would tear apart again if needed without fear now. It is good to know how to get into the bike for many things if ever needed again. I changed air filter since it was only a few more steps also.

IMG_0108.jpg That bike looks familiar. I painted mine 1 year ago and love it. It sure get's a lot of attention.