Obama's Legacy - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Hmm, someone else needs to follow the link I provided to 43 other instances of Fox News stupidity ON TOP OF the Chinese airline story.

I'm pretty much done with this thread. It's tiring getting into a battle of wits with unarmed men.
    Losing is no reason to run away. Canada won't take you anyways.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Hmm, someone else needs to follow the link I provided to 43 other instances of Fox News stupidity ON TOP OF the Chinese airline story.

I'm pretty much done with this thread. It's tiring getting into a battle of wits with unarmed men.
    Eject, eject, eject....fire in engine 1......eject. Good luck sir, was fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

which side of the paycheck do you sign?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Oh those pesky criminal CEO's. BASTARDS!

As well as those dirtbags I think we also should eliminate the unfair deductions that rental property owners yearly profit from and don't pay their fair share. I mean how can we allow these rental property owners to continually deduct tools, supplies, lawn cutting and landscaping, insurance premiums and on and on and on? They're not paying any taxes.

Now before you get in too much of a huff, I am just trying to shift my paradigm from blaming the CEO's to blaming the number of rental property owners that don't pay taxes. There are far more rental property managers/owners than those pesky over paid CEO's

Curious how a person in the rental property business would stay in business if they had to foot the bill for others healthcare by eliminating these deductions and knowing that their tenants may be paying their rent from money that was paid under the table and never taxed?
    to answer your questions I would first ask you a couple of questions as they establish a baseline for understanding - #1) do you own a home ? #2) do you own rental property ? #4) Do you own a business or more specifically do you sign the back of a paycheck or the front of many paychecks?

Once I establish your frame of reference I can take you to several points of interest - If you remove all those deductions, landlords would simply increase the rents to compensate for increases in taxes, damages, turn over expenses etc.. As most people who own commercial or residential rental properties will attest to - it only takes one bad tenant to wipe out a year or more of profits. Many investors are leaving the investment property world because the headaches caused by bad tenants and things like rent control take the profit out of it. Very few people understand how difficult it is to make money renting properties unless you are a lucky flipper / investor and then taxes will hit you hard anyway.

I personally favor a flat tax of some kind. But we could go on and on with all the disparaging cognitive dissonance that exists within our tax code.

I also favor a national identity card (oh my god) and without this card no services could or should be rendered exception - to save life. I am pro-immigration - anti illegal immigrant - but then we do like our cheap produce don't we? We Most folks think the national identity card is communism, but I think it's American to have a card that says "I am American I pay my taxes, I contribute my fair share".
    I also favor the legalization of drugs and I would use the money saved by reducing enforcement and incarceration and spend it on education and rehabilitation. Tax the sh*t out of the drugs! Lots of folks would call that a poor tax.
    Libertarians have some good points though they miss the need for social safety nets and other all important infrastructure, we are after all supposed to be a compassionate nation.

So many people forget the #1 reason jobs went overseas - Americans wanted more stuff and they wanted it cheaper and cheaper. Stock holders said "gee the only way to do that is reduce labor costs and all the other costs (like environmental compliance) associated with doing business in America. Stock holder told the Boards to DO IT and the boards started shutting down plants to comply. In the short term stocks went up but the long term was the death of the middle class.

(THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA) this had to do with GREEDY Americans - get all you can for as little as you can, take the money and run, get yours and go while it lasts. Well guess what - WE GOT WHAT WE DESERVED.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Well praise the Lord & pass the ammunition!

P.S. I'm not a liberal, I'm also not a conservative. I'm more of a moderate/progressive.
    I tried to make it through your neck of the woods last Sept before my meniscus tore. I planned on riding from Happy Camp, CA to Cave Junction, OR on Indian Creek Road. Ever been down that way? Next I was going to head to Crater Lake then up 97. Hopefully next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Losing is no reason to run away. Canada won't take you anyways.
    Rush Limbaugh should have read that.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

You demonized the rich CEO's whom I have yet to see being blamed for breaking any laws. I ask you, do you manage a health insurance company, have managed a health insurance company, do you know day to day operations and number of hours CEOs put in to managing health insurance companies? I don't, so won't demonize any capitalists. I do know about managing real estate and I fully understand the hours needed to profit. I just highlighted what I call your absurdity to capitalism with absurdity. You have zero clues what they do with their money. For all we know the majority of them donate it to charity. But, you don't know, so why criticize? I have zero clues what you do with your money and will not attempt to demonize you. If you reread I congratulated you on your first post of how well you are doing in this stagnant economy.

National ID card? Scary, you should understand the dangers of something like that. Google stop and frisk in NYC. I'll pass on that idea, it's still America.

In my best Major Hoffstettler.....'can I see your papers?'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    to answer your questions I would first ask you a couple of questions as they establish a baseline for understanding - #1) do you own a home ? #2) do you own rental property ? #4) Do you own a business or more specifically do you sign the back of a paycheck or the front of many paychecks?

Once I establish your frame of reference I can take you to several points of interest - If you remove all those deductions, landlords would simply increase the rents to compensate for increases in taxes, damages, turn over expenses etc.. As most people who own commercial or residential rental properties will attest to - it only takes one bad tenant to wipe out a year or more of profits. Many investors are leaving the investment property world because the headaches caused by bad tenants and things like rent control take the profit out of it. Very few people understand how difficult it is to make money renting properties unless you are a lucky flipper / investor and then taxes will hit you hard anyway.

I personally favor a flat tax of some kind. But we could go on and on with all the disparaging cognitive dissonance that exists within our tax code.

I also favor a national identity card (oh my god) and without this card no services could or should be rendered exception - to save life. I am pro-immigration - anti illegal immigrant - but then we do like our cheap produce don't we? We Most folks think the national identity card is communism, but I think it's American to have a card that says "I am American I pay my taxes, I contribute my fair share".
    I also favor the legalization of drugs and I would use the money saved by reducing enforcement and incarceration and spend it on education and rehabilitation. Tax the sh*t out of the drugs! Lots of folks would call that a poor tax.
    Libertarians have some good points though they miss the need for social safety nets and other all important infrastructure, we are after all supposed to be a compassionate nation.

So many people forget the #1 reason jobs went overseas - Americans wanted more stuff and they wanted it cheaper and cheaper. Stock holders said "gee the only way to do that is reduce labor costs and all the other costs (like environmental compliance) associated with doing business in America. Stock holder told the Boards to DO IT and the boards started shutting down plants to comply. In the short term stocks went up but the long term was the death of the middle class.

(THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA) this had to do with GREEDY Americans - get all you can for as little as you can, take the money and run, get yours and go while it lasts. Well guess what - WE GOT WHAT WE DESERVED.
    I agree with everything you wrote except the drugs. I live in WA and THC DUIs have doubled. Remove the stigma, increase the temptation, BUT I do understand your point of view. I would like a state to receive federal waivers, then implement a 10-year experiment, before expanding legalized drugs to the rest of the nation.

It's funny, WA took in $200 million in pot revenues, but most of that money went into general coffers vs rehab/education. Remember how the lottery was suppose to be for education? When dealing with govt bureaucracy, it's amazing how many hands reach into that money pot.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I would like to jump in and play also .... my comments are in red

to answer your questions I would first ask you a couple of questions as they establish a baseline for understanding - #1) do you own a home ? YES, and I built it myself #2) do you own rental property ? YES Where is question#3) #4) Do you own a business YES, multiple or more specifically do you sign the back of a paycheck Nope, I take shareholder distributions or the front of many paychecks Front of many paychecks?

Once I establish your frame of reference I can take you to several points of interest - If you remove all those deductions, landlords would simply increase the rents to compensate for increases in taxes, damages, turn over expenses etc.. As most people who own commercial or residential rental properties will attest to - it only takes one bad tenant to wipe out a year or more of profits. Agreed .Many investors are leaving the investment property world because the headaches caused by bad tenants and things like rent control (GOVERNMENT) take the profit out of it. Very few people understand how difficult it is to make money renting properties unless you are a lucky flipper / investor and then taxes will hit you hard anyway.

I personally favor a flat tax of some kind. But we could go on and on with all the disparaging cognitive dissonance that exists within our tax code. I favor the same with no more secondary taxes on an item that has already paid taxes on its original Bill of sale (If a particular car is sold 10 times in one year, the government should only be entitled to tax on the first sale not the additional 9 private sales.

I also favor a national identity card (oh my god) I agree 100% that we need one, all European countries used to have one back in the 80's when I was in Europe It's like a drivers license and when traveling by airplane, your National ID would suffice and without this card no services could or should be rendered exception - to save life. I am pro-immigration - anti illegal immigrant - I have the same sentiments but then we do like our cheap produce don't we? We Most folks think the national identity card is communism, but I think it's American to have a card that says "I am American I pay my taxes, I contribute my fair share". Agreed

So many people forget the #1 reason jobs went overseas - Americans wanted more stuff and they wanted it cheaper and cheaper. Stock holders said "gee the only way to do that is reduce labor costs and all the other costs (like environmental compliance) associated with doing business in America. Stock holder told the Boards to DO IT and the boards started shutting down plants to comply. In the short term stocks went up but the long term was the death of the middle class. UNIONS contributed towards the problem hence companies getting away from paying ridiculous hourly wages. The Unions did not care about the companies whether they made a profit or not, only themselves. The companies had to survive one way or another.

It's much more complicated then in just a post with a few lines

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Dammit, there you go making sense & stating facts again! Don't you realize you're just gonna confuse these guys? If Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter or Glen Beck didn't say it then it can't be true!

One other thing the government should implement is that if you are on welfare, in order to keep getting welfare checks you must submit to regular urinalysis testing or you're cut off. Pay for the tests with the money you save by not paying deadbeats any longer. Of course if we cut them off then crime will just increase because if they can't find work they still need to eat. There are no easy solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    I tried to make it through your neck of the woods last Sept before my meniscus tore. I planned on riding from Happy Camp, CA to Cave Junction, OR on Indian Creek Road. Ever been down that way? Next I was going to head to Crater Lake then up 97. Hopefully next summer.
    I've never been to Happy a Camp or Cave Junction, but I've been to Crater Lake. Up 97 from Crater Lake will get you to Bend in about 150 miles.