Best/Worst of the F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst of the F6B

I rode the twistys as hard as I would with my wife on the back....today going up to Highland N.C. fully loaded about #400 and tried to drag somehing but did not....I have my rear shock setting at 4 lines showing from full soft....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

We Get ABS in Aus as well.
    I agree the short screen is not good at all has anyone got the taller sceen and how do you like it?

Hey Westy, does the F6 in Aus have paint and stumble problems as stated in this forum..........just curious. I have convertible baggershield and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    I agree!!! I don't have as many miles on my bike as Miles does but I have only scraped a peg once.
    Maybe it's not the bike it's the rider being a little heavy I have that problem also, but I love the low rider look working on losing the weight lol

FlyinF I haven't noticed any issues with the paint as yet but I haven't given it a first wash yet. I have only scraped the pegs a couple of times and I was pushing the bike hard.

Worse -
    CHEAP PAINT JOB
    RECALL(recall 4/30/2012 -NHTSA ID# 10512486) -not sure what this is as I found it on another post on this forum.

Best - What I expected as this is my third Goldwing -the Goldwing 1500s that I had really had top notch paint jobs. I even had a BLACK Valkyrie 1500 where the paint quality was much better than the F6B.. the F6B paint job is cheap and a bad excuse for a paint job. If I knew the paint job would be this bad, I definitely would have bought a different bike The paint job is cheaper than what Suzuki uses on their cheaper cruisers in the M50 and larger. Hayabusa, BMWs, etc has a much higher quality of paint. F6B is not worth the price for what you get which is simply a Goldwing with cheap paint

Quote Originally Posted by jlig View Post
    Maybe he rides a little more Aggressively than you ??? Just sayin.
    And my response to that is...BS. Period !

Grinding your pegs through the curves and corners is NOT a sign of someone riding more aggressively. It is a sign of a rider not knowing how to take a line through a curve or corner.

Hey, I am saying that as politely as I can.

In my younger days, I used to flat track a '67 BSA 441 Victor, mounted in a '67 Rickman nickle-plated frame, at the indoor track in Monroe, WA, and at Castle Rock, WA. I have been known to take a Goldwing and beat the pants off a CBR919 through the Dragons Tail, and shock the 919 rider. I do know how to ride a bike, very well, and if need be I can power-slide this F6B through a hard curve or corner.

But a really good rider does not need to scrape their footpegs at all. In all my miles of riding...mileage that has been verified and documtented by the IBA, I believe that I scrape my pegs less than anyone I know of. If a riders' idea of riding hard and aggressively is to scrape the pegs in every corner, then they need to go back to riding school, or...go to riding school in the first place...and yes...I do teach private riding lessons.

3 & 3

PROS...
    I like best is the "what IS that" factor.
    The smooth Power
    Handling.

I'm not seeing flaws in my black paint. The paint seems soft on the plastic but it's not chipped or blistered. I do have a couple of deep scratches from sweethearts boots hitting the saddlebags.

CONS...
    Foot position and shifter. Coming from forward cruiser I had difficulty getting used to the straight up sitting position. Also my big boots didn't fit well under the shifter. I did go with Black mini Boards and set them on the far back setting. Gave me ample room for the shifter and my steel toe work boots. They did not add to dragging on the corners but that does happen about as often as the stock pegs. It my driving I guess. I tend to bend that baby over in the turns.

Cruise control would be nice.

Being able to leave the saddlebags unlocked would be nice also.

I guess I have no Idea how to ride my bike, because a few times my pegs touched the ground in a corner while I was carving up a mountain road. I guess its off to riding school for me...

You know what? You really come off as a dick, instead of being helpful you talk down to everybody. Hell I dont care how much time you spent on a bike, I'll never ride a third of those miles nor do I care to. I have other things in my life besides the bike.

Peg Grinding

Well Miles I guess I suck at riding a motorcycle. I was making a con that I was having with this particular bike. All the bikes I have owned Suzuki M50,Suzuki m109R, Honda Rune, Triumph Rocket III, Honda ST1300, and Honda F6B. With the suspension adjusted up this is the lowest ground clearance bike I have owned. Yes I do ride aggressively, but on normal turns I scrap pegs 75% more than the other bikes I have owned. I don't do it on purpose just to scrape pegs or I wouldn't be pissed that my belly pan or exhaust cover is already scraped to hell. I was making a (con) point from what I have owned before that I have on the F6B.