Extended Warranty - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty

Too bad you have to take it to a "Honda service department" instead of any good mechanic's shop that you may prefer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Too bad you have to take it to a "Honda service department" instead of any good mechanic's shop that you may prefer IMO.
    This....

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yes, it is honored at all Honda service departments. It is not peculiar just from the dealership you purchased it from.
    That's what I thought....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
    If this is a dumb question, just add it to the others I've asked...but isn't an extended warranty honored everywhere, regardless of where's it purchased?
    I think yes honored everywhere once you have it. Trouble is out of state Honda dealerships tell me they can not sell one for a bike registered in FL.

Someone on another thread posted a link to an extended warranty sale through Honda Direct Line. "Honda Protection Plan Motorcycles 4-Year Warranty For Honda Goldwing GL1800, F6B Nationwide Coverage Covered repairs may be performed at any authorized Honda Motorcycle/ATV Dealership within the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska." It's on sale for $549. It doesn't say anything about Florida not being covered....

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Sabian, I have the same question. If you buy an extended warranty it should cover the bike anywhere in thr country. I live in Florida so I am really interested if someone has the straight information.
    If I remember correctly, Florida residents are required to purchase their extended warranty from a Florida Honda dealer. Like others have stated, the coverage is good everywhere in the US.

Extended Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    Don't believe the US dealers can sell us the extended warranty and with the current exchange rate it would take a serious price difference if they could. What's the best price a Canadian has seen on the extended Honda warranty?
    Best price I could get in Canada was $1460 from Honda for an additional three years. I've messaged Russellville Honda but they've not returned my message. I've imported an American Honda car before and they wouldn't sell me an extended warranty as it was a US car and Honda actively discourages cross border shopping. I would expect that they won't sell us a US warranty on a Canadian registered bike. Let me know if you find anything thing different.

Newbie here. I'm signing today for a new 2015 F6B Deluxe matte gray 40th model. They had it on the floor since June of 2016. After several trips, the finance manager THREW IN the extended 4 year warranty so now she's covered for 7 years/unlimited mileage. If he had not included it, the price was $600. No back and forth, screaming, pointing fingers, etc. He told me he wanted to sell another unit, period. Rear brake recall was done when they got it in last June. They sell 2014 Valks for $9900, BTW. Out the door, I feel I got a smokin' deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Newbie here. I'm signing today for a new 2015 F6B Deluxe matte gray 40th model. They had it on the floor since June of 2016. After several trips, the finance manager THREW IN the extended 4 year warranty so now she's covered for 7 years/unlimited mileage. If he had not included it, the price was $600. No back and forth, screaming, pointing fingers, etc. He told me he wanted to sell another unit, period. Rear brake recall was done when they got it in last June. They sell 2014 Valks for $9900, BTW. Out the door, I feel I got a smokin' deal.
    Double check the paperwork and make sure the warranty start was when you bought it.....not when it arrived at the dealer. Dont ask how I know this but I have a used bike warranty on my new bike

Thanks for the tip Bum. I'm headed there in the morning to sign the papers and I'll check the dates. There were 2 extended warranties available, one from Honda and one from McGraw. They told me that both were identical in content and coverage. I'll have my staff of 16 attorneys with me online and on the phone to verify all the "fine" print!!! ("I know you're wondering.....did I fire 5, or did I fire 6?")