Rivco aero pegs-the good and the bad according to me - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rivco aero pegs-the good and the bad according to me

i have read this before, but for the life of me i don't notice a difference when i'm riding. guess it just works.

I can appreciate that most of you don't notice or care that the pegs are offset a little. Good for you!

The question still remains, "why not build them correctly in the first place??". Some clever guys here have figured out where to correctly drill the holes. This isn't a $29.99 product. Rivco certainly deserves some ribbing on this flaw.

I had contacted them about it. All they did was get pissed off. Pretty useless ...

I still like mine. I agree that they look a lot better than something hanging off the case guards.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I can appreciate that most of you don't notice or care that the pegs are offset a little. Good for you!

The question still remains, "why not build them correctly in the first place??". Some clever guys here have figured out where to correctly drill the holes. This isn't a $29.99 product. Rivco certainly deserves some ribbing on this flaw.

I had contacted them about it. All they did was get pissed off. Pretty useless ...

I still like mine. I agree that they look a lot better than something hanging off the case guards.
    I do agree about building them correctly in the first place.
    And I agree that for that kind of coin, the engineering and implementation should be better than it is.

Now all that being said, I'd love for a Rivco design engineer post on this thread the reasoning behind the lack of offset.
    There just might be a reason.....but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I can't imagine a better foot peg solution perfectly designed for the F6B. You really have to use your imagination to find fault with them. And, if you have have a chance to stop in at Rivco, you will find the most welcoming group of people that you will ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I can't imagine a better foot peg solution perfectly designed for the F6B. You really have to use your imagination to find fault with them. And, if you have have a chance to stop in at Rivco, you will find the most welcoming group of people that you will ever come across.
    Well, they are very cool. I like mine a lot. But, they clearly are not "perfect".

It is not our "imagination" that they are offset incorrectly.

Rivco was very welcoming to me too, until they realized that they had screwed up for years. Then they were "short" and "curt" - not so friendly anymore.

You are welcome to your opinion, as we all are. But, "imagination" and "perfect" set me off. Maybe you meant something else ....
    Albuquerque, NM

Yes, I've had the same problem with women I find they all come with different size pegs. Lets face it nothings perfect.

Then again. Only a boob would complain about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I do agree about building them correctly in the first place.
    And I agree that for that kind of coin, the engineering and implementation should be better than it is.

Now all that being said, I'd love for a Rivco design engineer post on this thread the reasoning behind the lack of offset.
    There just might be a reason.....but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I am not a Rivco engineer but I Have slept at a Holiday Inn a number of times.

Seriously, I noticed the problem immediately and tried to figure out why they would do that. This is what I came up with as a possible explanation. I think that it has to do with the heads being offset from each other. If they got them perfectly even according to the rider, then there would be a thread about them looking like crap with the left side being set further back on the engine than the right side and guys would be complaining about the looks being un-even.

JMHO of course.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KennyU,,areo-Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Dweisman429 View Post
    Been needing some highway pegs bad to keep the legs happy. I knew the aero pegs were what i wanted...mostly because of the clean look and a close second is because they aren't going to scrape in the turns.

I read the negative reviews as well, but I wasn't bothered by those enough to change my mind.

So the good first...Taking them out of the box everything looks good. The instructions are adequate. Installation is a snap.

The bad.
    1) This is more a gripe than anything but when I was attaching the peg section on the lower plate, Rivco uses SAE bolts. I just found it annoying that now there are four standard bolts on a metric bike.

2) The right peg is closer to the seat than the left peg. I had read about this so it was not a surprise bit it definitely irks me. I am going to look at drilling and tapping another hole to make them even.

But even with those two things, they look great on my B and I'm happy to get rid of more of that tacky chrome..lol
    I have a way to use the areo-pegs that suits me,,I mount a pair of good pegs on the frount crash bar, towards the top,,ONLY when I go on LONG Trips,,I then put my heel on the areo-pegs and the Ball of my feet on the Front mounted pegs,, THAT means that most of the year, I ONLY have areo pegs,,KennyU