Polaris SLINGSHOT banned from 2 states - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Polaris SLINGSHOT banned from 2 states

Some people need 3 wheels due to some forum of limitations,
    or handicap so be careful what you post some good people are on
    3 wheels, and yes I have two 3 wheel bikes and two 2 wheel bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcx View Post
    A motorcycle has 2 wheels
    Walmart has go carts that have 3
    See ya -at the mart !
    Funny you should mention that! What actually determines what you're riding/registered is your "Owners Card"! Two wheeled or three wheeled your Owners Card identifies you scoot as a MC and, as is in Pa., your Drivers License must have the MC endorsement to operate either As for your insurance, all companies, to my knowledge identify you scoot/cycle as a motorcycle

If your prize machine was classified as a "butt ugly" for tax, registration and needing an endorsement on your drivers license, would you still keep and ride it?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Was at a customers home today and had to leave threw the garage and their sat a red Slingshot. Customer loves it, 1,000 miles so far. Not my cup of tea but...

Slingshot is ugly...Bad replacement for a T Rex...lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also like the looks of the T rex better.

Price

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I also like the looks of the T rex better.
    I think price has a lot to do with how much you like the design, around 22,000 for the slingshot and around 50 grand for the T-Rex. see that slingshot is looking better already.
    I talked to a guy who said he and his wife were out west doing 80 on the freeway and two of those slingshots went by him and he said I had to look down at the gear shift to see if I was in reverse. They just flew by him like he was parked he said. He figure they had to be doing well over 100 but probably closer to 130 miles per hour.

I finally saw one on the road in Scottsdale Az yesterday. first one I have seen in action since they cannot be registered in Texas. Really strange to see on the road. Very low and wide and kinda ugly but looks like a blast to drive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I finally saw one on the road in Scottsdale Az yesterday. first one I have seen in action since they cannot be registered in Texas. Really strange to see on the road. Very low and wide and kinda ugly but looks like a blast to drive.
    The first time I saw one was few days ago going south on CA 101 in Ventura, county.

I work part time at a dealership that sells them. We can't keep them in stock only time we did was when they had a "stop sell order" for the recall on the front steering. But not to sound like my Grandfather I about pulled out in front of one a few nights ago after dark. It was at a 3 lane intersection not lighted but with a lot of lights from gas stations etc in the background that sort of masked the Slingshot. The lights on them are very low to the ground and IMO poor as far as traffic. Again IMO they need an additional light up high perhaps between the seats up in the center console placed above the driver and passenger seat head area. I fear this could be a serious problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000