Hate that "Go Cruise" any members with throttlemeister experience ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hate that "Go Cruise" any members with throttlemeister experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Finally had to look at the Go Cruise on line to see what all the hub bub was about. Sure looks like it ought to work. A pretty utilitarian and clever design it seems like. Would definitely do what I'm looking for -- that is just to be able to shake out my hand everyone now and then. I'll probably still go with the Throttlemeister because I find it "prettier." But in this case, you're paying a whole lot extra for pretty.
    Aluminum Go Cruise works much better than the plastic version. On flat roads it holds speed just fine for short periods of time, although sometimes it takes a couple adjustments to the throttle to get it to hold speed. Anyone looking for something to use on long stretches of road and in areas with lots of hills probably needs a Kaoko, Throttlemeister, Brakeaway, etc. For just being able to shake out your hand and rest it for a few seconds the Go Cruise is an easy and cheap solution though.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    The TMs work fine and look great, tho you do have to slide your hand to the end of the grip and rotate the lock to be effective, it's awkward but doable. I think the Breakaway makes a lot more sense
    My sentiments and observations exactly. Love my Brakeaway, and was glad to get rid of the TM on my last bike.

Simple and effective is the Aluminum Version of the GoCruise. Not fancy but functional best describes it. Biggest drawback for the GC is the operator/installer During installation it is imperative to clean both the rubber band and jaw surfaces of any finger oils etc. Using some Rubbing Alcohol to do that simple chore will make the GC hold throttle position! Once the thumb wheel is adjusted and adding lateral stability to the mounted GC with the "Rubber O-Rings it will perform as good or better than many more expensive throttle locks

Another Option

The Brakeway Cruise control (lock throttle). It does work with heated grips as well. Hondabikepro(Dale) and I have them on our bikes.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the GO Cruise 2 with the thumb wheel. This works great for me. Realize that this is not an electronic cruise control and your speed will fluctuate depending on the incline or decline of the road. I rode from Columbus Ohio to Gatlinburg TN and back last weekend and the Go Cruise was amazing. I also use a Cramp Buster. I think the combination of the two really worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Simple and effective is the Aluminum Version of the GoCruise. Not fancy but functional best describes it. Biggest drawback for the GC is the operator/installer During installation it is imperative to clean both the rubber band and jaw surfaces of any finger oils etc. Using some Rubbing Alcohol to do that simple chore will make the GC hold throttle position! Once the thumb wheel is adjusted and adding lateral stability to the mounted GC with the "Rubber O-Rings it will perform as good or better than many more expensive throttle locks
    Exactly my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I have the aluminum Go Cruise with the adjustable wheel on it, I've had no problems at all and it was inexpensive. The plastic non adjustable Go Cruise I can understand people not liking, for the money I'll use my GC before dishing out big money for anything else.
    I use the Aluminum Chromed version also. Works great for what I need and easy to use. Just adjust the tension and your good to go. This obviously like any other type of throttle lock will not hold speeds going up or down hills, etc.
    Using an extra Silicon ring does help on the plastic version.