Klim riding gear

Thread: Klim riding gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not going to offer much advice, only to say that I wear my Klim mesh jacket every single ride and it's great. I haven't used the liner yet, so there's the "no help" moment. I do have a full set of rain gear that I plan to use if I have to. I don't have Klim lowers. I have to think that the Klim liner would be hot like any other. It seems to be a piece of plastic to me....
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

xgringo,

Did you try on the Overland? I am leaning towards the Overland.
    It is supposed to be based on the Traverse.

Last night I tried on the Lattitude and the Badlands Pro. They both seemed real heavy duty and heavy.
    It is a shame I could not find one that fit / the guy had the Lattitude marked 400.00 and said he would work with me on the price.

Lattitude they only had grey in XL
    sleeves real long but could work / neck scratchy and I have read complaints about it

Badlands Pro (discontinued now) they only had Large in Black
    Nice jacket but the large did not fit me

Lattitude pants 36 my size seemed small
    seemed too small and heavy

I think the Lattitude Milano (discontunued now) you have is supposed to be lighter than the regular Lattitude.

There is a new Traverse that came out Monday that is made out of the Milono cordurba.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    xgringo,

Did you try on the Overland? I am leaning towards the Overland.
    It is supposed to be based on the Traverse.

Last night I tried on the Lattitude and the Badlands Pro. They both seemed real heavy duty and heavy.
    It is a shame I could not find one that fit / the guy had the Lattitude marked 400.00 and said he would work with me on the price.

Lattitude they only had grey in XL
    sleeves real long but could work / neck scratchy and I have read complaints about it

Badlands Pro (discontinued now) they only had Large in Black
    Nice jacket but the large did not fit me

Lattitude pants 36 my size seemed small
    seemed too small and heavy

I think the Lattitude Milano (discontunued now) you have is supposed to be lighter than the regular Lattitude.

There is a new Traverse that came out Monday that is made out of the Milono cordurba.
    Steve

Hi Steve!!
    I went to Revzilla with only the Latitude Misano jacket and pants in mind so I did not try any of the other Klim clothing.
    And yes even the Misanos are quite substantial to were I bought the Kiim suspenders. Otherwise it's a fair amount of weight hanging on your hips.

Also, I only bought the black ones at the boutique and didn't buy the grey ones until I thoroughly tested the first pair on another trip. I bought the grey pair on Amazon on close out. I just did a search and there are still some close outs on Amazon of the badlands and the misanos if you feel confident on the size you want.

I think they are a total win except for the extreme heat sort of thing and most people have enough sense to avoid that.

Enjoy!!
    Tom

If you're looking for a suit Aerostitch makes 3 different types, very good quality.

I own the black Overland jacket. I bounce around between 250-270 lbs and the XL fits me well. If I dropped to 230lbs, a Large size would likely fit better. It does well up to 90 degrees, but does get hot. Opening all the vents helps. I bought a set of LD comfort shorts and long sleeve shirt, but honestly it didn't help that much in the hot weather. The Overland wrist openings are tight, so even with the Velcro straps loose, I never could get enough breeze blowing up the arms to give me the convection effect. I stopped at a bar and grill to cool off and get a bite. I was seated near a ceiling fan, and was literally freezing my ass off 10 mins later. The LD comfort works well if you can get the breeze blowing up your sleeves. The F6B mirrors do an excellent job blocking that aforementioned breeze.

Despite all that, I really love this jacket, but would hesitate to wear it in 85+ weather.

I tried several Overland pants, but like you Steve, they fit tight. I just couldn't find a size that fit well.

Wayne

I use the Klim Rally jacket and pants when riding my adventure bike and when travelling. And I wear the Klim Dakar pants too, you can vent them by opening the zippers when temperatures go up. I use their gloves too. Expensive but absolutely great quality gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    I The F6B mirrors do an excellent job blocking that aforementioned breeze..
    Baker hand wings will help dramatically with that.
    Enjoy!!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    If you're looking for a suit Aerostitch makes 3 different types, very good quality.
    I have been interested in Aerostitch for a long time. I'm just nervous about paying that much and no trying them on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPBtrixYYo
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have been interested in Aerostitch for a long time. I'm just nervous about paying that much and no trying them on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPBtrixYYo
    Steve,
    Aerostitch has a "sizing tool" like RDL, you give them your height, inseam, weight, waist and chest size and they send you back the optimal size for you. If it doesn't fit snd it back for a full refund.

Cool

Thanks...I have been kicking the ideal around for years...the 100* days is what stops me !!!

Seldom if ever see the suits in FLA !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com