I've been riding a 2008 BMW K1200GT for the past six years. It qualifies as a "sport-tourer." I traded in my 2005 ST1300 for it because of its vastly superior suspension and I still feel certain that no other manufacturer provides a bike with a suspension that comes close. I also owned a 2004 Gold Wing for five years but gave up on it for the same reason I gave up on the ST1300 - its suspension went bust after 20,000 miles (and installing the full Traxxion kit on it only improved its steering precision, not its harshness; the same went for the ST after I swapped out its stock front suspension for a highly touted aftermarket set-up).

I loved the Wing for its many strong points, but the eventual harshness of the suspension became the deal breaker. (Admittedly, the poor quality of the road surfaces up here in Canada was a big factor; if I lived in the US and rode mostly south of the frost line, I might well still have the Wing.)

But now, as I approach my 68th birthday, ergonomic comfort - especially in the knees - is becoming the dominant factor for me. I cannot attach acceptable highway pegs to the BMW but I know that the F6B, because of its slightly narrower lowers, will accept such pegs that will be even more user-friendly than they were on the Wing. I also know from my experience with the Wing that its stock windshield (which can be fitted to the F6B) offers a very quiet and relatively still air pocket at a height that I can still look over.

So the F6B should be a no-brainer for me. ...If only I could have more confidence in the longevity of its suspension quality....