18 8.53%
  • Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I really do not understand why you would want a tractor seat, on a motorcycle made for twisty roads. The Granny Chair Wing seats inhibit movement to shift ones weight in a curve. The flat seat on my F6B is just fine for crooked roads. I guess a butt hugger seat is ok for the long straight roads of Mid America and Florida. Just saying.
    I can speak only for the Rick Mayer and find that it is in no way confining in the twisties. Check out his website on that issue. Shows his seat on a Beemer at a track day. Have you tried one of these "tractor" seats? If not, you might also want to check out a quote from a fellow named Herbert Spencer. He mentions the pitfalls of "contempt prior to investigation".

saddleman!~!!smokinjoe custom!!

Mustang

I have about 400 miles on a Mustang Tripper Fastback and am very happy. I also have a NIB Mustang Tripper Deluxe (Tuck and Roll) that I would be willing to part with if anyone is on a long waiting list.

I am short of inseam, and appreciate having a bit more boot on the ground, especially for backing up. The F6B was low enough for comfort before, but the extra 1" of reach is welcome at times.

Very happy with the bike so far. Only mods are a stock GW vented windshield and the Mustang. My two main rides before were a Yamaha Super Tenere with a Sargent seat and FJR with a Corbin.

The Mustang is very well turned out.

Rob

My ass just loves the Corbin
    Ride it like you stole it

I have to agree with Deer Slayer. I like to throw the F6 in to the corners. That's why I got off the Ultra Classic. Rode 250 miles in the Florida 95 degree heat this past Saturday with one stop for gas. Other than a little sweat on the jeans, the stock seat left no pain. I added the mini floorboards and Ergo II highway pegs to change leg position if needed but so far I just throw the legs out and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Did you go to his shop and have him do it while you wait? I had him do my seat, and it is comfortable but the workmanship isn't up to par. I had to ship it back for issues in craftsmanship. I didn't get the seat back correct the second time either, and he refused to fix his (my seat) issues any further. He was very rude to me and I would not recommend his work to fellow board members
    I bought a used RM seat for the 6 because I could get it quick, prior to getting my Ultimate. Glad I bought a used one at a good price, because I sure would have hated to pay up for that thing. Poor seat to tank fitment, and the foam is broken down on one side. I know the history of the seat, that shouldn't have happened.

Mustang Seat owner here. For me, the looks and lower lumbar support of the Mustang is what I wanted. My back pain is L2 and L3 and the support of the Mustang takes care of that. It sucks to getting older..........wait, I'm just old!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Did you go to his shop and have him do it while you wait? I had him do my seat, and it is comfortable but the workmanship isn't up to par. I had to ship it back for issues in craftsmanship. I didn't get the seat back correct the second time either, and he refused to fix his (my seat) issues any further. He was very rude to me and I would not recommend his work to fellow board members
    My experience was 100% positive. I had a ride in appointment to have the seat made and am well satisfied with both the craftsmanship and the comfort. Sorry to hear that yours didn't turn out the same.

I swore the stock seat was the best I had ever had that came from the factory on any of my motorcycles for about the first 10,000 miles. Then it began to break down towards the rise in the seat and became very uncomfortable. Bought the Mustang, installed it and immediately left on an 1100 mile straight through 17 hour day ride from my North Texas home to my kids house in Anthem, Az. I loved the seat from the start. I would have hated to try that ride on my stock seat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MUSTANG

I changed to the Mustang seat for the way it looked and the 1 inch drop. The seat is great. It gives me more control in corners and it does have a built in back rest for the driver. Very nice seat for the price. I got mine on sale from Mustang during one of the holidays. The OEM back rest cost more. LOL