Is the Low Windshield an Issue? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the Low Windshield an Issue?

Bagger Shield

Go with the Bagger Shield . I put one on my new F6B and like it alot. The short stock one is cool looking but not much wind protection . But thats just my two cents .I think you will be happy with the convertable style.

I have the 13" and I'm 6'1"

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Please update us on how well the madstad works. i believe i have a oem 17" and I still get buffeting and a vacuum (seems like I'm being shoved from behind).I tryed opening /closing the vent and everything in between to no avail.
    Really surprised Honda hasn't made a shield that actually works so people don't have to spend all kinds of money experimenting!!!! I will probably purchase that madstad and hope for a clean pocket of air for any long rides i do. Short rides and when i want more air ill use my fatboy minus windsheild.
    That's the same reason I switched out my 17" oem. Now I have the 13" madstad set all the way low and it works great. So many adjustments can be made to achieve the airflow you want. My wife rides with me sometimes and she even noticed how now she has no wind in her face and no bugs landing on her lap. Happy wife = happy Life
    With the 13 in the low setting I am just looking over the top of the windshield and I get now turbulence and great rain protection as well.

I have had cataract operations and could not ride with the OEM shield and FF helmet. I went to the F4 customs plus 4 and can be ordered with vent. They are sponsors of this forum.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Stock low windshield

I ride with a Windbender from Firecreek. It has a lot of adjustment but I have found the low position work great because of the lamineer lip at the top of the shield. It is a bit pricey but this the second bike I have had one on and I am very satisfied with them

So Friday after work I went for a short 140 mile ride with the stock windshield & full face helmet & earplugs in. Friday night I installed my 11" Madstad windshield. Rode for about 5 hours on Saturday and what a difference. NO wind noise!

I'm 5' 6", ride open face and long haul. I love the stock size shield and have no desire to replace it. But I also have 64000 miles on my VTX without a shield. For me the stock shield offers ample protection. I can hear the stereo just fine. More than happy with it.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by imscots View Post
    I bought a 2015 Deluxe model a couple of months back and changed the windscreen right away. I went with the Cee Baileys screen. They make windows for private jets etc, among other things. I am 5' 11" and I got the 13" screen and I love it. blocks all the wind almost and I can hear radio at any speed. Her is link

http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/F6Bws.html
    How many ride by looking over the screen instead of thru it? I hate looking thru the screen, it causes me problems when the temperature changes and the screen fogs up. I am 5’10” and always like it when the screen is short enough to see over, but tall enough to provide adequate wind protection.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Can't hear the radio...haven't turned it on since I figured out how to turn it off
    +1 I don't use the radio. I would have bought the 6 without it, if Honda sold it like that. How ever, I did put an 11" Baggershield on shortly after I got the bike. Not too tall, but fits me fine. Keeps most bugs off, but still allows some fresh air.

Put the oem shield in the box for the replacement shield and forget it.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    It is horrible...you are not going to like it. The only thing good about it is the looks. I have tried 4 different windshields and ended buying the Madstad which was the one I wanted to buy from the start, but didn't because I didn't want to spend that much. In the end it cost me a lot more. The Madstad shield works.
    I lived (suffered) with one for a few months before I bought a Madstad. The little stock one is a joke and ear plugs are mandatory. The Madstad is awesome! Best of luck.