Thinking of down sizing until today

Thread: Thinking of down sizing until today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awww, come on, really??
    I can't see giving up a flat six for a V-twin.
    I can't see giving up a shaft drive for a chain.
    ........... you know what I mean.
    Just get that wing lowering kit, and, VOILA!, you have almost what you need except for the weight.

Did you get a chance to ride an Indian?? How was it??

Unless Opas has his suspension cranked way up you can't get a B much lower or you'll be scraping pavement all the time. Weight is probably the biggest factor. My M109R only weighed about 100 pounds less but it felt like a ton. The difference was quite noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Awww, come on, really??
    I can't see giving up a flat six for a V-twin.
    I can't see giving up a shaft drive for a chain.
    ........... you know what I mean.
    Just get that wing lowering kit, and, VOILA!, you have almost what you need except for the weight.

Did you get a chance to ride an Indian?? How was it??
    Scout is belt drive and very fast for a V-Twin with the high-revving DOHC motor and it handles great... I have no issues with the height on the 6 as I have a Mustang lower seat and 1/2" higher heels and soles on my boots...The 835 lbs. is the major problem now as I get older and somewhat weaker in the old legs...Otherwise I love my bike and hope I can ride it a while longer...The Scout is also only 560 lbs and much cheaper than most other bikes in this class...Regards
    Last edited by opas ride; 06-12-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Just go get a Harley. They make light weight bikes (Softtails, Sportsters and the newer 500/750 models). Much better following than the Indian. Softtail Slim are low and weigh ~600 lbs and have the 107 ci engine.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Scout is belt drive and very fast for a V-Twin with the high-revving DOHC motor and it handles great... I have no issues with the height on the 6 as I have a Mustang lower seat and 1/2" higher heels and soles on my boots...The 835 lbs. is the major problem now as I get older and somewhat weaker in the old legs...Otherwise I love my bike and hope I can ride it a while longer...The Scout is also only 560 lbs and much cheaper than most other bikes in this class...Regards