Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 13
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Very smart recapitulation ...

Oh boy... we have a can of worms open now.

The Martin case will NEVER bring harmony or cohesion or agreement; different camps see it in different lights and that's just not gonna change... discussing it only serves to fire people up and separate them further.

Grendl...well written!

There are certain groups that are judged with the concept that if one is bad there all bad, i.e.. blacks, police, lawyers... Unless you are in/from this group one can not understand how that life is led. Hoodies, and the like have been ruined as much as the rainbow has. My query on whether "Z" would do it over was one that was used to cause thought. The ownership of guns does not make the owner a killer. Can it, in the right situation make you a killer, yes. With the USA having more guns that the rest of the world, you would think we would all be dead. One simple fact that the silly liberals cannot get thru their heads is....wait for it...if guns where outlawed, then only outlaws would have guns.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    One simple fact that the silly liberals cannot get thru their heads is....wait for it...if guns where outlawed, then only outlaws would have guns.
    The can of worms is again opened.
    Only the police have handguns here.
    The very few handguns in the possession of criminals are quickly confiscated and destroyed the second the outlaws are prosecuted.
    The only source of guns for the criminals is from the USA, those being smuggled into our country.

Criminals here rely mostly on knives and the occasional sawed off shotgun.
    Our low death rate from violent crime reflects that.
    If the USA banned handguns for everyone but law enforcement, nothing would change for you for at least 2 more generations.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The can of worms is again opened.
    Only the police have handguns here.
    The very few handguns in the possession of criminals are quickly confiscated and destroyed the second the outlaws are prosecuted.
    The only source of guns for the criminals is from the USA, those being smuggled into our country.

Criminals here rely mostly on knives and the occasional sawed off shotgun.
    Our low death rate from violent crime reflects that.
    If the USA banned handguns for everyone but law enforcement, nothing would change for you for at least 2 more generations.
    i fail to understand why this is on this board....yes we have guns....end of story.....
    we do not live in a fairy tale world....
    bad people do bad things
    canada has a population or 35,344,962
    the us population 318.9 million
    you do the math,its not hard...
    there are BAD people here
    guns keep the bad people at bay
    there are 69,438 active/sworn police officers in Canada
    in the us there are 1.1 million police officers
    so...taking the guns away will not make things better...
    this is not England or Australia
    what keeps us strong as a people is what makes us strong as a country..
    lets get back to our bikes please...
    we can all agree on that
    jmhao

Science and Social Study

The researchers found that those who poses firearms and believe in "self-defense philosophy" were about 4 - 5 times more likely to be shot than those who did not carry any gun.

The reasons for this is :

A gun in hands of defender may falsely empower an aggressor to overreact, instigating and losing sense of judgement . Individuals who are in possession of a gun may increase their risk of gun assault by entering dangerous environments that they would have normally avoided.

This is a finding supported by numerous other studies in health and judicial policies , including several articles in the New England Journal of Medicine. Study also found that for individuals who had time to resist and counter in a gun assault, the odds of actually being shot actually increased to 5.5 versus to an individual not carrying any fire arm.

So , now is your time to think about it and compare to the reality ...

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    The researchers found that those who poses firearms and believe in "self-defense philosophy" were about 4 - 5 times more likely to be shot than those who did not carry any gun.

The reasons for this is :

A gun in hands of defender may falsely empower an aggressor to overreact, instigating and losing sense of judgement . Individuals who are in possession of a gun may increase their risk of gun assault by entering dangerous environments that they would have normally avoided.

This is a finding supported by numerous other studies in health and judicial policies , including several articles in the New England Journal of Medicine. Study also found that for individuals who had time to resist and counter in a gun assault, the odds of actually being shot actually increased to 5.5 versus to an individual not carrying any fire arm.

So , now is your time to think about it and compare to the reality ...
    do you really believe all you read???
    This is America
    there is always a counter point to every article written by some windbag writer
    there is always a survey or a study or an article
    remember they are always trying to convince someone some where about something
    my reality is still intact,so is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    do you really believe all you read???
    This is America
    there is always a counter point to every article written by some windbag writer
    there is always a survey or a study or an article
    remember they are always trying to convince someone some where about something
    my reality is still intact,so is my opinion
    Yes - I really do . I believe in science more than any archaic dogmatism .
    Just wonder - What is your counter point to scientific studies ?
    What means - This is America ? Is it a mind set or simple fear ?
    Not trying to convince anyone , I can see this problem only from different prospectives .

I think you have rights to have your opinion and nobody will kill you for that , but you
    can be shot anywhere ( in America ) , not having chances to defend yourself either .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - I really do . I believe in science more than any archaic dogmatism .
    Just wonder - What is your counter point to scientific studies ?
    What means - This is America ? Is it a mind set or simple fear ?
    Not trying to convince anyone , I can see this problem only from different prospectives .

I think you have rights to have your opinion and nobody will kill you for that , but you
    can be shot anywhere ( in America ) , not having chances to defend yourself either .
    enough hijacking...
    yup i own
    we can go like this for ever

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i fail to understand why this is on this board...

lets get back to our bikes please...
    Why?
    This is in the off topic section where it belongs.
    If someone doesn't like this topic, they don't have to indulge.