Paint issue questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint issue questions

Paint issue questions

I do not own a F6B...YET. I am looking at them hard though. I have read a lot about the paint issues. Has Honda straightened this out yet? And also, is the paint on the Matte Silver ones the same way?

The Matte Silver is a whole other animal... the paint issue was conquered by many with Liquid Glass, from ...do a search....many,many pages written on the subject.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

2014 Yellow

I've never had any issue w/ the Yellow. That said, I still put the Liquid Glass to it, but there was never any paint that came off during the application nor did I ever have any swirls...Don't know if it was just the red and blacks that had the issue or not..
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Even though my F6B is by far the best ride I've experienced and I love the bike, the paint is a disappointment for me.
    I trying to work deal now on doing all of the tupperware in Line-X.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Even though my F6B is by far the best ride I've experienced and I love the bike, the paint is a disappointment for me.
    I trying to work deal now on doing all of the tupperware in Line-X.
    I just watched a video of Line-X in action protecting a cement block, plate, watermelon and egg. Very impressive. Do you think it could be put on as a super smooth finish though? It will be interesting to hear about if you follow through with this. Good Luck!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Line X is lumpy...No way to get it smooth thst Im aware of...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Line X is lumpy...No way to get it smooth thst Im aware of...
    That's kind of what I was picking up from the video. I think it started out as a bedliner material for pickups.

Thanks,
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

They also use it on body armor plates as an anti spalling material....Through its chemical process I dont believe it can be manipulated but it derginitely would make the bike scratch proof...Alot of off roaders spray their 4x4 rigs to protect from tree and brush avratching...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    I've never had any issue w/ the Yellow. That said, I still put the Liquid Glass to it, but there was never any paint that came off during the application nor did I ever have any swirls...Don't know if it was just the red and blacks that had the issue or not..
    There was no yellow in 2013 so I'm not sure what your point is?............When you polish my black one paint doesn't come off on the rag. On mine if you lean against the saddle bag with jeans on it will leave the imprint of the material in the paint ,its that soft. The Liquid glass helps but eventually will probably repaint.........
    ...Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

My 13's paint gets a new scratch every day.
    I think the wind can put a scratch in it.
    I am not going to do the liquid glass as I believe there are so many scratches what difference would it make?
    You may say.."But Doug it will stop any additional scratches."
    My answer to that is..It already has so many you wouldn't notice hundreds more.
    They will just blend in.
    I look at it as my bike now has it's own character.

Doug