Gas Pumps - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Jimmy , why would you kick me in the nutz just cause I run premium. I wouldn't do that to you.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Regular Only

With just over 45K miles on the clock my 6 has never seen a drop of High Test Gas. Have treated it several times to a can of Sea Foam and I manage 38/42 MPG. Once in a while I'll experience the "famed stumble" when cold Gas, like tires, like oil, like exhausts, like wind shields, like seats, like color is a personal choice. If it makes one happy to spend the extra bucks for Premium Gas, have at it

I was on the forum for a while before I got mine and read that regular is what it calls for. My book said the same and that's what I've used since I got it in November. No issue and great mileage, but, the first ping I hear will be the end of that. I haven't run a full summer yet, we'll see.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I was on the forum for a while before I got mine and read that regular is what it calls for. My book said the same and that's what I've used since I got it in November. No issue and great mileage, but, the first ping I hear will be the end of that. I haven't run a full summer yet, we'll see.
    +1 Like you I got mine in November and just turned 1109 in miles and it's running great on 87.

Whatever

I run regular all the time but I think what's more important than octane is quality. There are a lot of companies out there that are selling just garbage for gasoline. Some I wouldn't put in my worst enemies motorcycles. I run shell 85 % of the time and if I can't find that BP or Mobil are my next choices. I consider Wesco gas up here in Michigan to be the worst on the market. There was a time I thought all gasoline was equal but not anymore. All my vehicles run perfect since I figure that out many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I run regular all the time but I think what's more important than octane is quality. There are a lot of companies out there that are selling just garbage for gasoline. Some I wouldn't put in my worst enemies motorcycles. I run shell 85 % of the time and if I can't find that BP or Mobil are my next choices. I consider Wesco gas up here in Michigan to be the worst on the market. There was a time I thought all gasoline was equal but not anymore. All my vehicles run perfect since I figure that out many years ago.
    I agree! I use 87 octane but I am selective when it comes to gas stations, too. I also prefer Shell but use a few other brands. Also, I won't use Citgo at all as that is gas from Venezuela. Their government hates us and did so for years (Hugo Chavez, glad you're gone) but like our money. I choose not to support them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Use regular regularly.....but I will put a tank of Ethanol Free Premium in towards he end of he year to get ready for storage. I cant tell difference in performance but it does get better mileage

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I agree! I use 87 octane but I am selective when it comes to gas stations, too. I also prefer Shell but use a few other brands. Also, I won't use Citgo at all as that is gas from Venezuela. Their government hates us and did so for years (Hugo Chavez, glad you're gone) but like our money. I choose not to support them.
    I agree here...I've only used Mobil so far, but I have a charge card for Shell also. When I travel this summer, I'll hope to find one of those, but will settle when I have to. Same for Citgo too. I have one a mile from my house, but for different reasons, am done with them. They changed credit cards, then closed my old one right in the middle of a payment period. I was locked out for a bit, and they charged my account a penalty. I tried to explain what happened to no avail. I paid my balance and closed it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Using the pure gas app I located ethanol free gas close by and use it as much as I can.

I usually run a tank of 93 octane mixed with the 87 grade, 1/2 & 1/2 and have never had any fuel issues or "cold stumbling" that some have reported...Almost 9000 miles so far except for an occasional shot of Seafoam, all seems to be okay...Have tried the higher octane on occasion and noticed no difference between it and the 87 octane...Always use Mobil or BP as I have credit cards with them. Personally, I don't think it makes much difference how much of the previous customers fuel choice is left in the hose...JMHO...Ride safe