non-ethanol - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: non-ethanol

I use the VP T4 100 octane in all my carbureted bikes when I have them sitting . Sunoco is the worst for ethanol in the fuel unless your buying the race fuel , the pump stuff blows . I run 93 in everything bike I own . Over the winter I will fill put the VP fuel in all the machines , the ethanol fuels turn fast .

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    When we went to Sturgis 3 years ago I noticed the mid-grade was cheaper than regular. Think this was Nebraska. Ask a local and he showed me that the regular was straight gas, no ethanol, so it was priced higher. According to him it was because of all the farm equipment that required non-ethanol.

Haven't seen anything but ethanol in Florida.

There no ethanol in the Keys, due to all the boats.......there is non-ethanol in Sanford at the marina off Orange Ave....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I was washing 93 octane removing the ethanol and adding some octane boost for the quads and dirt bikes and that works pretty well .
    Ethanol is really bad stuff , its a solvent base like acetone .

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Still surprises me how Octane is sooooo misunderstood.

But, in other news, OKC has some of the best, freshest, least expensive gas I know of,,,

Houston ain't bad either!

google non ethanol and you can get a national listing

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Still surprises me how Octane is sooooo misunderstood.

But, in other news, OKC has some of the best, freshest, least expensive gas I know of,,,

Houston ain't bad either!

+1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

thought i'd weigh in here. we can get "pure gasoline" around n. ga. area. it does cause my bike, truck, whatever to get a little better mileage. the big issue here is fuel separation from the water that is in ethanol. it does nasty things in a carburetor bowl in just a short time. most modern injected engines handle ethanol based fuels o.k. because of better fuel lines, seals, etc. if ANY motorized equip. sets for any length of time with ethanol fuel, it needs to be treated with an "ethanol killer" like lucas safeguard, seafoam, or a host of others . small engine shops have made a killing cleaning carbs & replacing lines on bikes, mowers, chainsaws, because nobody realized how corrosive & bad this stuff was until after the engine set to long in storage. after one episode with a saw, and some advice/ education from a honda mechanic/ friend i am a regular user of lucas safeguard and my bikes, mowers , etc. with zero problems from storage & non use for long periods. [ my 6 isnt an issue,by the way i ride it almost every day]. by the way, the fuel distributors refer to pure gas as "rec. 90" - recreational vehicles, 90 octane. thank the fed govt. for forcing this crap on us!- you can fix it though- hope iv'e helped someone. ride safe!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    We have 102 octane available at the pump in several locations around here. Less expensive than regular. ($0.50 a gallon cheaper at the Kroger down the street!)
    The forced air guys love it as it's sooo much cheaper than race gas.

I burn a tank or 2 through the RAM every now and then, or blend some in w/87 regular as 89 octane is 'recommended but not required' for my 09 Hemi,,,

Mainly just for S + G,,,

Cool

Ethanol fuel is no big deal........UNTIL you let it set for a while...45-90 days...then the ethanol evaporates and you have less that 87 octane, more like 80, thus it will not "fire" If you are going to let the fuel sit in a unit then you MUST add an additive like StaBil...then issue is solved. For those that don't follow this advise then at some point you will have a grass type substance grow in your unit and then you will have to pay to have it cleaned...

StaBil or Lucas or 100 other products will solve this....or burn it ASAP..... I buy 2-3 gallons at a time for my mowing units...add StaBil at purchase and I have had no problems...did the same to the H.D. when I ride it...had my son top off the tank to the F6 and add StaBil when I went into the hospital...4 weeks 2 days later fired it up and headed North....

A lot of manufactures of powered equipment are advising to not leave fuel in your machines . I know Steele has there own motomix ... non ethanol fuel for all the equipment .
    As for my high compression bikes I'm running VP T4 100 octane . As the other guys said the pump stuff has a shelf life and best to run some type of stable and sea foam every once in a while wont hurt .
    Attachment 8543
    Just amazing what comes out of the pump .